PDA

View Full Version : Swaddling in the summer?

downwarddog
01-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi all,
My first DD had colic & had to be swaddled the first 3 months of her life in order for her to fall asleep (Sept - Dec). I found that fabrics with a little bit of stretch worked best (but not so stretchy that baby instantly wriggled out of it).

Baby #2 is due June 3 & I'm preparing for the worst! So, for those moms who had to swaddle during summer months (we're in NH with no A/C), what did you use to swaddle your newborn?

TIA!
~Lenore
Mom to Cadi 9/04, and #2 due 6/07

lisams
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I ordered 2 swaddling blankets from here http://solanababywear.com/store/index.php/action/item/id/3/prevaction/category/previd/1/prevstart/0/, and they are really nice! A very light, gauzy (sp?) fabric with a stretch. Oh, and they are big!

cchavez
01-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Gerber receiving blankets at WM and Target are light and gauzy.....just leave baby in a diaper underneath.....I know DS was a Summer baby and extremely fussy!

MeAndMyStar
01-12-2007, 02:38 PM
We used the Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe blankets for the first five months (DD was a July baby). At first we used the cotton and then the flannel. She wore the cotton blanket with a onesie underneath for summer. The fabric is not too thick and stretches well. HTH! http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_swad.php

Mommy Of A Little Angel
01-12-2007, 04:51 PM
DD was born in May in FL so she was swaddled for the hot summer months. We used the miracle blanket because she was a swadlle houdini and it is actually pretty light weight. On REALLY hot days/nights, we would just swaddle her in only a diaper and she never got too hot.

HTH and good luck!

downwarddog
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks all, this is GREAT information!

~Lenore

MagsMom
01-12-2007, 10:14 PM
It can still be pretty cool there in June in the summer, at least at night, can't it? I had my son in June in Virginia, so we swaddled him because of the AC. I have Sofia Bean blankets. www.sofiabean.com They are made of cotton interlock and stretch well. They are also nice for draping over the stroller to block out the sun. They are on sale right now.

MagsMom

DrSally
01-13-2007, 12:05 PM
We used the MSB in the summer too, with light cotton pj's. Also, could just do onsie or diaper, but we have a/c so his legs would get too cold. The MSB comes in cotton, but you might not need something that elaborate for a newborn--just cotton receiving blankets. I got some at TJmax that had stretch to them and they worked so nice.