PDA

View Full Version : mama clothes question re: Dansko suede clogs

nicknack
01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Anyone have these? I got the brown suede ones for xmas from MIL but I'm not sure if I want to keep them or exchange for the regular brown ones. I'm just thinking the suede might get messed up in the snow/winter weather, even though I do have the shoe care products and all that.

Anyone have them? Have they been ruined by weather?

Thanks!

squimp
01-12-2007, 01:18 PM
My suede ones actually look better than my regular brown nubuck clogs, and I live in a really wet winter climate. I did spray them with Meltonian water and stain protector for suede and leather when I first bought them. I also do this with DD's suede and nubuck shoes.

supercalifragilous
01-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I can't speak about the suede ones, but I have the light blue nubuck ones and they're only a little over a year old and are TRASHED. You can't even tell they're blue anymore - they're more a dirty beige/blue. I'm not hard on shoes at all and pretreated them too! They are impossible to clean and I've tried everything.

I thought that nubuck was more durable than suede but will NEVER buy either of those finishes ever again. With Dansko, I'm sticking to patent or oiled leather. At least they're easier to clean.

I wouldn't advise wearing Danskos in snow/winter weather - they have no traction.

doberbrat
01-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I've been wearing dansko clogs year round for about 5yrs. they're the only thing that save my back an keep the tendonitis away in my feet. I actually like them in incliment weather b/c they're 'taller' than reg shoes and keep my feet away from rain/slush.

that being said, if there is 8in of snow on the ground, I put boots on ;-)

I only have the 'reg' ones but they look good for being as old as they are and being worn daily.