PDA

View Full Version : Need a winter coat for ds in a hurry

Sugar Magnolia
01-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, dh was taking the boys outside to play and broke the zipper on ds's coat. Since we live too far from any malls and its a sheet of ice outside, I have to find him a coat online. Suggestions please? He is almost 6, but tall for his age. I was thinking Lands End or Hanna, but which is warmer? We live in the midwest, so he needs something to keep him warm.

Any advice would be great!

snowangel
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Personally I prefer the Lands End Squall. Those Lands End "Arctic" Squall parkas look incredible but they are money. I am considering getting one for my 3 year old for next year.

My son is currently wearing his Lands End Squall Parka for a second winter now. And I have to say I do LOOOOVE this parka. It is SO nice and warm and keeps the wind out which is key, esp here in Canada. I can't say enough about this jacket. I love it. It has a warm fleece lining, it is easy to clean (its been through the washer a few times), its a gorgeous colour, and its long, so it covers his tush which I really like also. Also, the hood has a little brim on it which keeps the flying snow off his face in blizzards.

Personally, I don't like the Hanna Journey's Ends jackets. I bought one for my daughter and compared to the Squall, it didn't look as warm at all. It didn't have a fleece lining, which I didn't like. IT is prettier than the LE Squall, but IMO not as warm.

Anyway, I am a squall fan, so that's my 2 cents.

Tondi G
01-13-2007, 07:16 PM
I'd opt for Lands End!

Sugar Magnolia
01-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks ladies, I wound up getting the Squall. We paid for super fast shipping. Hopefully it will be here before the end of the week!