PDA

View Full Version : do you put your kids in their easter outfits before easter day?

lizajane
01-13-2007, 04:53 PM
trying to decide on shorts or long pants for dylan. i think i want him to get to wear it several times in the weeks before easter, instead of saving it for only one day. what do you think? is it weird to let him wear his easter outfit BEFORE easter? it has bunnies on it. so it won't be as fun for later on. (but i will still use it later on.)

mapg
01-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd let him wear it before.

C99
01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I usually don't, but I am superstitious that way - what if it gets a stain, etc.

MeAndMyStar
01-13-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't think it's weird at all, you want to see DC in the cute outfit as much as possible. :) I have put outfits on DD prior to the occasion and just try to be extra careful. If it does get a little messed up I wouldn't stress too much...they are going to stain/rip/lose it eventually, right? (well, hopefully not) ;-)

KBecks
01-14-2007, 12:04 AM
This October I had John wearing a pumpkin-theme outfit every week and I'm so glad we got the extra wear out of it. I forgot in Dec and wished I had John wear his Christmas theme stuff more.

I think it's a great strategy to use it in the weeks leading up to and right after the holiday.

BeachBum
01-14-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah, we do. It's hard because I hate to have everyone see it at church before....so we will not usually wear it to church before the holiday but do wear it other places before.

would love to see your boys outfits!

lizajane
01-14-2007, 10:34 AM
that was kinda the plan- i would have him wear it to school (i have a reason for letting him wear it to school), to lunch with daddy, to a playdate and then to church. that kinda thing. it is a smocked longall with three bunnies across the chest. i am SO proud that i finished the bunnies already!! i knew i would have to start early to be sure i had it ready by easter. i never found the time to smock anything for him for christmas. i finished his birthday piece (b'day is jan 26) and then did easter. i swear i am going to do 4th of july next! MUST stop procrastinating!

anyway. i digress. i was just so proud to have it ready that i wanted to let him USE it, ya know? i think i will give it long pants. i can always cut them off for easter day if it is warm.

momathome
01-14-2007, 11:11 AM
This is my mind-set, too. I would be afraid that the outfit would be damaged or ruined before the event I want it for. Once we get through the holiday, then I let them where it whenever they want.

Lovingliv
01-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Liza,

I used to think I had to "save" things....and I ended up saving things so well, that she never even got to wear them!
this year, I put everything on her multiple times. I will just work a little harder at getting the stains out....if there are any.
The only exception would be with a really new little baby....spit up can ruin just about anything!

Your stuff is so beautiful, and you work so hard on it,,,it would kill me to only have it on him once, KWIM

Would love to see pics....

lizajane
01-14-2007, 01:04 PM
i am so proud, i would love to show you! but i haven't put the outfit together- just did the smocking insert. and forgot my camera at a friend's house. but i will post as soon as i can get it back!
liza