PDA

View Full Version : HA sizing question

leptirica
01-15-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm thinking of hitting the local HA store today and I had a question about their sizing; when they say that their clothes have "room to grow", what exactly do they mean by that? I have a 13lb 2 month old and I was thinking of getting him some 60cm wiggle pants. Do you think he'll outgrow this soon? Will the next size up, 70cm be way too big? I'm clueless about how this all works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

BeachBum
01-15-2007, 08:18 AM
I suggest following their sizing chart. My son wore 70s from about 6 mo to 12 mo and he is a tall kid.

dules
01-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Agree with the PP. The sizing charts are really good, and CS can help you if your child is significantly heavier or lighter than the average weight (it's been so long since I've had a 2 mo old I don't remember what "average" is).

Mary

MNmomtobe
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Though MOST of hanna's items follow the sizing chart, I have found the wiggle pants to run quite large. My DD is about 27 inches and almost 16 lbs and fits in the 60 wiggle pants with room to grow. Her size 70 wiggle pants are huge on her. When sizing for Hanna, go with height, not weight.

leptirica
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I just came back from the store and it turns out that even the 60cm wiggle pants are way too big for my little guy. Length-wise they fit just fine but he's swimming in them at the waist. Will the pants shrink much in the wash? If not, there's no sense in hanging on to them until he grows into them.

MNmomtobe
01-16-2007, 01:48 AM
How long is your DS? Does he have any room for growth length-wise? If so then I would try shrinking the 60s in the dryer. They are 100% cotton so they should shrink up. You can always call Hanna to see how much shrinkage they allow. I remember that when I was at a retail store, they had a chart or something which told them how much each item was supposed to shrink(on average). I think the shrinkage took into account the first several washer/dryer cycles. If it shrinks up too much, I would think that Hanna would take a return.

The size 60 wiggle pants are big on DD around the waist but I don't put them in the dryer. I'm sure if I did then they would be a perfect fit but I am trying to get a longer life from them.

IMO, the wiggle pants run about a size large. I don't know if sizing on the pants got bigger over the years because I recently purchased a NWT wiggle pant size 70 on ebay that fit DD just like her purchased-recently-at-Hanna 60 wiggles. The ebay ones were probably an older style.

ETA: I recently purchased wiggle pants in garden pink size 70, current style in stores. They fit just like DD's size 60 baby blossom wiggles. The 60 blossoms are even a tad bit longer. I think their sizing just really fluctuates from season to season. I prefer to shop in store instead of online for this reason. Luckily, I have a retail store near me.

Melanie
01-27-2007, 11:20 PM
I would go with 60, but make sure to take his height measurement with you, as this matters more.

My dd is 16 mo and still wears several 70's. She's only just barely touching the 80 on the height chart, even though the 'suggested' age range is 5-12 mo on the 70's.

new_mommy25
01-28-2007, 03:37 AM
My almost 9 month DD can still fit her size 50 Wiggle pants. Of course they are more like capris now but I think Hanna runs a bit large in waist. They will probably shrink up a little bit. You should get a lot of use out of size 60. My DD is just now outgrowing hers. And some of the size 70 stuff I have for her is still huge.

leptirica
01-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I ended up buying both 50 and 60cm wiggle pants. I haven't tried the 60s on him yet after putting the clothes through the washer and dryer, but he's been wearing his 50s without a problem. I prefer to leave them uncuffed just for some extra length (he kicks around so much that all pants always get hiked up). I think my DS has a long torso and short legs, along with a tiny waist because by height he should solidly be in the 60s. I'll probably wait another month before I give the 60 wiggle pants another try. The 60 zippers I got him fit just fine, however. Go figure.