PDA

View Full Version : Clothing item you love and buy too many of?

MonicaH
01-17-2007, 08:59 AM
I have an irrational love for cardigans, and I definitely overbuy when it comes to them. Right now, DD has 2 white ones, a white one with flowers embroidered, an orange one (got it off of Swap, so not so bad I guess), a light blue with flowers, a little red ladybug jacket which really is not warm enough for the winter so it's more like a cardigan, and two hoodies (plain gray and pink/green striped). I really had to restrain myself from buying a white smocked/embroidered one to match a dress for a wedding we went to in the fall, and a red one that matched her Christmas dress (she already had the ladybug jacket so she didn't need another red one for Christmas).

What do you buy too many of?

Monica

momathome
01-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Shoes and coats - we are overrun with them around here. :)

Pennylane
01-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Tshirts for my ds. I love all the fun sayings, pictures, etc. He probably has 30-40!

Ann

C99
01-17-2007, 09:20 AM
for me - scarf/hat/mitten combos. I have far too many. I've gotten at least 4 scarves as gifts, and I often go out without a scarf/hat/mittens and buy some because I am cold.

for DS - sweaters. He has 5; he's worn exactly 2 of them, and even that was a struggle. The other 3 are still NWT.

for DD - jury's still out, but I suspect it will be dresses. She recently started to say the word, "dress" and asks to wear those over any other outfit, so I've been indulging that. She had a bunch of dresses last summer because she had just learned to walk, and will probably have a bunch this summer because she likes them, I like them and other people like to buy them as well.

Puddy73
01-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Definitely sweaters and coats. We live in southern Georgia so we don't need lots of winter clothes, yet DD probably has 7 or 8 sweaters! Luckily DS has lots of cute hand-me-downs, including a navy wool pea coat that I'm dying to put on him. Darn warm weather!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

hanaum02
01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Definately shoes. At one point, my son had 7 pairs of shoes (plus snowboots) that fit him. I just can't resist! Can you imagine if I had a little girl and wanted colors other than navy, red or brown?

Michelle
Zach (9/3/04)

aliceinwonderland
01-17-2007, 03:18 PM
For me--dresses. I have so many, most do not fit due to weight issues. I keep buying them though, sun dresses, work dresses, coctail dresses (FAR too many of these, and i do not go to that many coctail parties!).

DS has ended up with a ridiculous numbers of tops that zip up--Carhart sweater, cardigan-thingies, etc etc. I do not know how this happened, a lot were gifts. I also over-buy a layered Ts.

For DH--button down shirts of all kinds, from the Brooks Brothers ones to the ones worn over jeans, etc.

mapg
01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Coats-- for everyone in my family. I come by it honestly, my dad loves coats. Did I mention we live in Arkansas? exccept for this week, our Hanna anoraks have been about all we needed.

MelissaTC
01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Hoodies. My DS is a total hoodie fan and he currently has 2 Survivor jackets as well as an assortment of Naartjie hoodies and some other varieties.

ajmom
01-17-2007, 07:50 PM
For the boys: sweater vests. Ijust love that preppy look!

For DD: I would say dresses, but that's pretty much all I buy so that's all she has to wear... does that count as overbuying?

denna
01-18-2007, 04:13 AM
*All* clothing I buy too much of. I just cant help myslef, when I see a sale I have to buy stuff. DS has 9 pair of pants (not including 3 sweatpants), 1 blue cargo, 1 blue lounge wear, 2 jeans, 2 carpenter cargo (khaki), 1 brown cargo, 1 olive cargo, 2 corduory (1 brown, 1 black). A few sweaters, not enough socks (IMO), and a 3 coats. Why does a 9mo need 3 coats? I have no idea.

Fun thread...

Oh and if I had a girl I know my problem w/ overbuying would be so much worse because there is such great stuff out there for girls.

funda62
01-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Hats. DD has at least 20 and I have to stop myself from buying more every single day! It hasn't been a very cold winter here but I'll put a hat on her anyway because I love them so much!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37210.jpg

Andrea S
01-18-2007, 10:33 AM
for B: shoes!!

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/02
& Benjamin 3/06

DrSally
01-18-2007, 11:50 AM
hat and mitten combos here too! There are just so many cute ones for boys. I try to rotate, but realize I just have way more than I need. The recent Old Navy sale didn't help either :)

DDowning
01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
HA Zippers. Seriously I think my DD has about 15 or 16 of them. And they weren't all hand me downs from DS. Of course, the zippers days are starting to be numbered as she's showing signs of wanting to be pt.

tiapam
01-19-2007, 12:11 AM
For DD: hats

For me it's mostly the three Cs: coats, cardigans, camisoles

But I have been good lately!

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

Melanie
01-19-2007, 02:28 AM
Tights. :o Well, and hats for both Dc. But definitely tights for Dd.

ETA: For me it's cheap black shoes. I know know know I should just buy one nice comfortable cute pair. Whenever I spend a little more I love them and wear them to shreds; but so far I've gotten 4 really uncomfortable Target/Payless pairs this season. I buy Italian shoes for Dc, but me? Payless!

kozachka
01-19-2007, 02:54 AM
T-shirts for DS. I also have such an easy time finding cute cheap coats but with our weather we need them so I don't feel guilty about it.

For myself, I have quite a few coats but a lot of them are old so if I were to get rid of them I'd probably have just the right number of outwear pieces :LOL! My wardrobe has many more tops than bottoms, mostly due to the fact that I have such a difficult time to find pants that fits me right :(.

boss1
01-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I buy way to many Hanna Andersson Playdress with Matching Leggings. I think that the Playdress is so beautiful on my little girl.