PDA

View Full Version : HA Playdress Sizing Question 100 vs. 90

debsterchen
01-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I am looking to order my DD her first HA playdress but I have a sizing question. I called HA and they told me the length of the new spring playdress in size 100 is 23 inches. I looked on some auctions on eBay and the listings generally say the 100 is about 19 inches long (for short sleeve PDs). Does anyone know which would be more accurate? Do the PDs shrink? Do the lengths of the short sleeve PDs vary from the long sleeve ones? My DD is almost 4 yrs. old but kind of petite - about 38.5 inches and 32 pounds. I have a few Hanna items and the 90s are starting to get small on her but I have a 100 top that is huge on her which is why I never got her a winter PD in fear of the 100 being too big for this winter season. I'm hoping that by spring/summer, the short sleeve 100 PD will fit. Thoughts? Thanks so much.

MommytoEliana
01-17-2007, 05:33 PM
It sounds like your daughter is similar in size to mine--perhaps just a bit shorter. My DD's size 100 playdress was a little long last summer, but really, the length is very forgiving; she can wear it above or below the knee. I definitely wouldn't order her the 90 if she is already 38.5 inches. (I find that with my DD's build, the tops do tend to run a bit bigger than the dresses; perhaps your DD is the same way.)

Cheri

xmasbabycomin
01-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Just wanted to add I've heard that I've heard that length can vary from season to season :0
and that they do shrink a bit

TracyBee
01-17-2007, 07:14 PM
My DD is just a tad bit taller than yours (40 inches), but weighs 28 pounds. She has about 5 longsleeve playdresses which are size 100. They're a little roomy but they don't look too big at all. I'm definitely ordering her size 100 for Spring/Summer - they shoud fit her fine - especially considering the sleeves are short.

debsterchen
01-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll definitely go with the 100 for spring/summer.