PDA

View Full Version : Does Your DD Wear Hanna Matching Socks for Short-Sleeved Playdress?

debsterchen
01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I want to order my first Hanna short-sleeved playdress and capri leggings for my almost 4yo DD and I am wondering if we'll need the socks. Since it will be for spring, I'm thinking DD can wear the playdress without socks - either with sandals or her crocs. Or plain socks with white mary jane Keds. Does that sound right? $14 for a couple pair of socks sounds like alot to me if I don't need it.

Also, should I wait and get bike shorts instead of the capris? I assume with the bike short look, there would be no socks involved. Is that what you do? Thanks!

Melanie
01-19-2007, 04:28 PM
She does, but she won't die without them. ;) You could always pick up the dress and try to find the socks during the big June Sale.

mom2emma
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I do love the way the socks look with the dress BUT in my opinion, the quality of the socks are not that great for the price. The socks are always marked down at some point and if I were you I would just wait.

Bess

debsterchen
01-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll hold off on the socks. If I were smart and not a shopoholic, I'd hold off on a dress that probably won't be worn for a few months....

hardysmom
01-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I've never matched the dresses w/ socks.

stephanie

C99
01-20-2007, 12:40 AM
No. My DD doesn't wear matching HA striped socks for any playdresses - short sleeved or long-sleeved. I tend to pair the short-sleeved dresses w/ sandals, so socks are not even a consideration.

writermama
01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Even when we have the socks, DD rarely wears them. They are darn cute, but they feel weird because of the stripes (the dots are even worse), and DH always just puts her in regular socks or no socks.

spanannie
01-20-2007, 10:37 PM
I like the socks with the long playdress leggings, but do white socks or sandals with the short sleeved...but I don't ever do print socks (or colored) unless she has on pants.