PDA

View Full Version : Socks

coachkath
01-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Anyone else have trouble with Target sox? They are always slipping off my daughter's feet.
I'm looking for something that will stay on her feet, with non-slip bottoms. I saw great sox yesterday at BRU but they didn't have her size. She's 13 months. Her feet are normal to small, I think. She wears size 3, finally sorta growing into a 4.
I saw some sox at Old Navy, but they looked similar to the Target ones. The elastic just isn't tight enough - yet I don't want it too tight either.
Thanks,
Kathy

elliput
01-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Kathy, I am going to move this post to Reality Layette. There are some ladies there with all the answers you could ever want about socks. My favorite for DD are BabyGap. :-)

kedss
01-20-2007, 02:45 PM
We liked the old navy socks, but it depends on the kiddo. :)

SnuggleBuggles
01-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I think my fave are TCP, Gap, Old Navy and (I have a ds) the Hanes' socks at Target and TRU.

Beth

MommyAllison
01-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Which style of socks are you buying? I like the triple roll style by Circo from Target - they sell them by the pair on an endcap. We also have the double roll style from Old Navy, and like them equally well. The Circo socks are a bit thicker and I reach for them on the super cold days. I haven't had good luck with athletic style socks from Target though. We tried BabyGap triple roll socks last winter (DD was born in November, so we used the 0-6 month size) and they were always falling off her feet. HTH

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

Melanie
01-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Same here. I don't care for triple roll, so we just have the ones that don't even cuff and they fall off!

Can anyone suggest some, other than Old Navy or Gap (b/c I don't like to use grips with shoes)?

MNmomtobe
01-21-2007, 01:02 AM
We have some Circo ones from Target that stay really well on DD- the triple-roll style that are usually on the endcaps at the store. I rarely use them anymore because they are too hard to get on her feet. They don't fall off though! I usually use the Old Navy single cuff ones because they are easier to get on and they don't slip off DD's feet. We did buy the Gap triple roll but haven't used them because the style is just too wide for DD's feet.

ETA: We also have the Gymboree single cuff socks that I really like. They stay on very well. I think the sizing runs on the small side though. DD's feet are between a 2 and a 3, and the 3-12 month size is a bit small for her.

coachkath
01-22-2007, 09:46 AM
The Circo ones are the brand that seem to always be slipping off DD's feet! Maybe I'll try the gap brand. So far the best socks have been the Carter's she got when she was tiny. I think there's an outlet near here so I can check to see if they have her sizes, but I haven't seen any in the regular stores that usually carry Carters.
Kathy

KBecks
01-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I liked Gymbo socks at that age.