PDA

View Full Version : Garnet Hill spring line

maddyzmommy
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey everybody. I'm usually a total Hanna devotee but this is the first year in practically ever that I've wanted to buy everything from Garnet Hill and not Hanna! Even Land's End had stuff I liked better than Hanna and that never ever happens. Even my DH, who is not horribly observant about our children's wardrobes, asked me if the Hanna catalog was an old one. Everything in it that I like I've already got from other seasons! Did any of the rest of you find Garnet Hill to be unusually good this season and Hanna (sorry, dear Hanna) to be really boring? I ordered the carnival layered sundress for my four-year-old, the party dress in pink zinnia for my seven-year-old and the little girls' mixed print dress for my toddler. I forced myself to stop at that since I've never ordered from Garnet Hill and wanted to get an idea of sizing before I place the rest of my order. Does Garnet Hill wash as nicely as Hanna?

Thanks,
Andi

kcandz
01-20-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't own any Hanna for my DC or for that matter any children's GH but I know that Garnet Hill uses a variety of manufacturers, so there is no united sizing information. So the dresses you ordered may be true to size, but then if you ordered pants or shirts, it may be small for size.

squimp
01-21-2007, 02:49 AM
I had both of those dresses from Garnet Hill last summer. :) They were gorgeous and washed up nicely. Both of those dresses are by Garnet Hill, according to the tag if I'm remembering correctly.

For me, GH is not all that exciting this year, they only have a few new dresses! I'm plotting my Hanna cart right now.

AngelaS
01-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I got a Garnet Hill catalog and fell in love with SEVERAL things in it. That was not a feeling I had with any of the other catalogs I got. :)

kcimato
01-21-2007, 07:52 AM
I bought 3 t shirts from Garnet Hill last year and they ran very small. A lot of the things they have this year are also the same as last year. I was just looking back at a few old Hanna catalogs starting in 2004 and most of the stuff is the same style but different colors. I find that to be true with Naartjie also. It all starts to look the same.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to add tht the catalog looks so much better than the website.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ren62r
01-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I just got my garnet hill catalog too - and was wondering about the boy's clothes. They have very little for toddlers, but I do like the t-shirts. Just wondering about the quality of their clothes as I have never bought anything from there before!

Thanks,
Renee

squimp
01-21-2007, 01:43 PM
oh and I'd say the two woven dresses I have don't wash up nearly as nicely as Hanna wovens or J&J. The Danish Green cotton stuff is pretty nice, and does fare pretty well. But it's a little thinner than Hannas. I had a really cute baby dress and also the pink and brown dot dress from last fall. The dot dress faded more than I would like. But I should add that I'm a complete Hanna fiend. I think GH stuff is really cute, I am just hoping they add some more for this summer!

2zeke
01-22-2007, 02:50 AM
I've bought lots of GH in the past. Mostly in '04 to '05 back when they used to have good Sale of the Day items. I've found some great deals in their sale section. The quality is good, but not quite as good as Hanna in most cases. OTOH I've only had one hole in a GH item and numerous ones with Hannas. GH CS is good. They should be able to give measurements on the items.

I thought GH's spring line was a little disappointing. Too many repeats. The bandana swimsuit is so cute, though. I haven't received my catalog yet, so I may change my mind after that.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02