PDA

View Full Version : Can an almost 3 yr old wear Hanna clogs?

spanannie
01-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Is it hard to walk in them? Uncomfortable? They are so cute!

trumansmom
01-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I've been debating the same thing. I'm considering the comfort clogs and I think I will hold off on the big wooden ones for a few years. Shoot, I fall off those things!

Of course, DD walks in her princess heels WAY better than I do in my flats. :P

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

newmomto3kids
01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
We tried them when Lily was 4 and she could not walk in them. Another girl in her preschool also had them, they fell off them so often, the school actually made them "illegal". They weren't allowed to wear them to school because they were scared they would get hurt.
They are so cute though...

Marisa6826
01-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Well, Sophie's 4, and Santa brought her the Dala Horse comfort clogs. They are MUCH stiffer than I imagined. I guess I had it in my head that they'd be like Crocs (she has 2 pair of them)...

She wears them, but they tend to fall off her feet if she's not paying attention (which is pretty much all the time :P ).

I'd hold off or just get Crocs - LOVE them!

-m

squimp
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
They are really cute, but I'd wait until age 4 or more likely 5. They are wood, so really not great for little kids feet. I have a pair and they're not very comfortable, but they are pink and cute, so I suffer. Even the comfy clogs seem really stiff to me for a little kid - I checked out a pair in the store.

2zeke
01-22-2007, 02:36 AM
My dd had a pair of the wooden ones when she was 4 and never had a problem with them. I didn't put them on her for more active situations, though. In hindsight I would have stuck with the comfort ones just because the risk is there for injury given their inherent instability (both the shoes and 4 year old girls ;-)). Last year I bought her a pair of the comfort ones. She loves those. She wears them with the strap behind her ankle per school rules, so they never fall off. She also loves her crocs, but I don't think her school allows those.

Janice
dd 10-99
ds 4-02

Squirrel_M
01-22-2007, 02:09 PM
My daughter loves her clogs since she is 2 years old (size 25). It took her a few weeks till she walked good in them. She is only allowed to wear them at home and not on the stairs.
Monika

Squirrel_M
01-22-2007, 02:10 PM
sorry

just_teachin
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I'd say it depends. I took a gamble and ordered a pair of the blue/green ones in a 27 for Corinne to wear when she was a bit bigger. She saw them and wanted to wear them RIGHT NOW! :)

I let her and she walked fine in them, and they were too big. They fell off a few times, but it made me brave enough to order another pair in a 25 in pink to go with the Kimono Gardens dress for spring.

And FWIW, Corinne didn't walk until she was 18.5 months old... :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Heather
Mommy to Corinne, 11/17/04
6/7 SAHM, 1/7 Kdg-8th grade music teacher; 7/7 Bargain Huntress
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Proudly breastfed for 24 months and 7 days! Corinne has self-weaned!