PDA

View Full Version : Advice about Gymboree gift returns

Canna
01-21-2007, 04:14 PM
DD had a birthday party this weekend and received quite a few gifts from Gymboree.

There are three items in particular that I'd like to possibly exchange:
- Sailor dress from Wish You Were Here (no gift receipt - I'd like a different item)
- Fleece hoodie from Snow Blossom (no gift receipt - I'd like a bigger size)
- Bathing suit from Love is in the Air (have gift receipt - would like a different item)

I'm wondering if I'll be able to exchange the items with no receipt?

Will they think it's odd if I have a receipt for one item but not the others? (I would think this would happen often.) Or would it be better for me to just bring them all in without gift receipts?

deenass
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
BRING the gift receipt that you have, without it you will only get the current selling price (I have no idea if the lines you mentioned are current or not). Just tell them that you got the items as gifts.

You should be able to exchange the item for the correct size if they have it in stock, but the item you just want to "return" you will get store credit for the most current price (which means if it was a red dot item sold at $1.97, even if the gift giver bought it at full price 6 weeks ago, without a gift receipt you will only get $1.97).

Maybe if you know the mom well enough of the item you want to exchange the size for you could ask her for the receipt??????

August Mom
01-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Yes. It will be no problem to actually do the return/exchange without a receipt, but as the PP mentioned, you may get very little for it, depending on the current selling price.

I don't think it would be at all strange to have a receipt for one item but not others. Just bring what you have.

And, go as soon as possible so that the items don't go on sale more. There is a baby sale coming up soon.

safarimom
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
They will most likely give you a store credit for the items without receipts at the current selling price. I think those lines are still selling at full price so I would take them in ASAP before they come out with another line & mark those lines down to 20% off. I would think you would be OK with the item with a gift receipt. I think they would honor what the gift giver paid since they can track that transaction. Not sure, but just guessing.

MirandaMoes
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
keep in mind if you do take the reciept with you that if they used gymbucks you will only get the price they paid minus the gymbucks. i think most of those lines are full price so i'd just take a store credit for the whole thing and get what you want. if they paid gymbucks on the full price outfit i think you will only get about half price. does that make sense? (sorry nak at computer)
miranda

Canna
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Yes, I think all those lines are full price at the moment, and I don't know if gymbucks were or weren't used...that's part of the reason why I wasn't sure if using the gift receipt might actually not be the best idea! So confusing...

safarimom
01-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Sorry to add to your confusion, but it looks like Snow Blossom & Wish You Were Here were both reduced to 20% off today.

supercalifragilous
01-22-2007, 11:02 AM
The last time I purchased a gift @ Gymboree, the SA asked me specifically which items I needed a sales receipt for. I was buying gift outfits for 3 different girls and had to separate out which outfits I wanted for each receipt, which makes switching the pieces complicated (gift receipt for some, not all, the items). Gymbo itemizes the gift receipt so you essentially HAVE to stick to what you intended.

For instance, I found out later that girl #1 already had a shirt I had purchased. I was going to switch the shirt out with girl #2 (pieces were all in the same line, same size, so they were switchable) but then I realized the gift receipt was specific to girl #1's outfit. She would not get the purchase price for the other shirt since it was not on the original gift receipt.

I think the fact that Gymbo does this is a pain. I don't know what's so hard about being like Target and just putting the freakin' barcode at the bottom of a separate, nonitemized receipt, but that's the way Gymbo is doing it. I'm sure they keep much more $$ that way on returns that have since been marked down.

A SA told me that without a receipt, they will give you the cheapest price in the last 90 days - so even if it is marked back up to full price right now, if it was marked down (jingle deal) or coupon-eligible in the past, THAT is the price they will give you, which sucks. :( HOWEVER, I have had some SAs who have not known about this and just honored the current rack price.

Good luck! It's worth a try if you act ASAP!