PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Store at Tysons Corner. Any updates?

funda62
02-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I am moving to the area soon so went back to read the posts on this store and it sounds like a madhouse. What is it like now?

Also any other stores in the area that are must shop?

lablover
02-25-2007, 09:09 AM
I wasn't there in the beginning, but over the past couple of months I've been in there a few times during the week and there have only been 3 or 4 other people shopping at the same time.

egoldber
02-25-2007, 09:39 AM
It was really busy and not well organized at first. But its gotten better and they have gotten more merchandise.

As for must shops, well what are you looking for?

funda62
02-25-2007, 11:36 AM
We've been in Europe for nearly 8 years and I want to shop! LOL.

I have two girls one is nearly 6 and the other is 1 so cute stuff for them.

kcimato
02-25-2007, 01:25 PM
The store is small and if you go during the week isn't too crowded. It seems to be crowded when they have their sales. At that mall there is a Gymboree,Janie and Jack,& Talbots Kids They used to have a Kids Gap but it left so the nearest Baby Gap is at Fair Oaks. It's pretty well stocked. This mall also has Gymbo,J&J, and Talbots Kids. The Dulles Town Center has the Kids Gap.

octmom
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I stopped in last Sunday right around lunchtime and it was pretty empty, even though there was a sale. I guess I got lucky. :)

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

doodler
02-25-2007, 05:08 PM
It is a very small store but I think it has calmed down a bit since the opening. The SAs have commented that it tends to be a morning store. I was there late afternoon of the first day of the December sale and it wasn't really crowded. I have had great customer service in the store like most of my Hanna experiences.

I haven't shopped much at the other stores but there are several children's clothing stores in close proximity at Tyson's. Talbott's kids, Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and LL Bean. Nordstrom's often have cute children's clothes especially on their sales. Welcome back to the area!
Deborah

jvs195
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Depending on what part of the area you will be in (in Northern VA don't be fooled by seemingly short distances - I commute 22 miles and it takes 1 hour on a good day) Nordstrom Rack is one of my favorites for kids clothes (and shoes and clothes for me too) There is one near Dulles Town Center and at Potomac Mills. I also have good luck on Mullberibush and Ralph Lauren at Lord and Taylor with their sales and coupons. I've been avoiding the Hanna store because I HATE Tyson's. TOO CROWDED.

luv_my_girl
02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I finally made it to the Tysons store about a week ago for the President's Day sale. It was my first visit and I was really surprised - not crowded at all! There were only a few other shoppers and this was Sat morning of the big 20% in store sale. Not the super-big semi annual sale, but enough to get me into the store! I'll definitely be back.

egoldber
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Tysons either in the early morning or in the mid afternoon isn't bad. Even a Saturday morning isn't very crowded but you've got to get there when the mall opens. And any time during the holiday shopping season can be nuts.

sdoyle
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
I live in Tysons Corner and don't find it to really be all that bad for shopping (barring the holidays of course!) We often hit the mall in the morning on the weekends or in the afternoon during the week when I am off early and it is really just regular mall traffic. The HA store is small but as Beth said it really has a pretty good selection now. We visit most of the stores listed with the addition of Jacadi at Tysons 2. They are pretty pricey but sooooo pretty! Welcome back and happy shopping!!

Stacy

ETA-- typing too fast, getting tired :)