PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Jammies?

Beth568
02-26-2007, 08:04 PM
For fall and spring, I like Hanna long johns. I get them at the outlet, and I don't care if they're wearing Christmas prints in March. ;) I find that the softest fabrics are the striped ones - the screen printed ones are a little less heavy and don't hold up as well.

For winter, my new favorite are fleece footed sleepers from Target. My 5 year old has a couple of pairs, and they've been very warm and soft, and have laundered well.

My DDs don't like tight fitting PJs, so Gymbo and Gap are pretty much out for us.

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Year round I like the "Just one Year" Carter's spin-off that they sell at Target. They are 100% cotton and pretty soft, imo. They come in 4 piece sets usually (2 tops/ 2 bottoms- usually some matching solids and patterns)- and they sell for less than $15. What the sets are depends on the season (shorts and t's, t's and pants, pants and long sleeves). They hold up well. I can't justify buying more expensive PJs when these are nice. I've looked at the Gap, HA, TCP...and not been wowed by any of them.

For really cold nights we have some fleece from Lands' End. We had good luck with the set this year (no pilling...).

Ds is 4, btw. When he was a baby I usually stuck with Carters.

Beth

lizajane
02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
definitely hanna. and now that schuyler says his fleece jammies are "itchy" i am definitely going to keep sucking it up and buying hannas (well, on sale.) i do like baby gap pjs, but they are so thin compared to hannas... and you have to size up because the fit is so tight. especially in the sleeve. not a big deal because my boys are so skinny. but i just think hannas look so much more comfortable. the whole tight thing kinda freaks me out. and schuyler is a tiny me, so i don't know how much longer he will put up with form fitting jammies.

as long as they are 100% cotton, we get away with most anything on both kids. but as i said, now that schuyler thinks fleece is itchy, we will definitely not bother putting dylan in anything but all cotton. they do look precious in their "old man" fleece jammies from baby gap. the shirt like top and pants set. and dylan seems rather cozy in them. so if schuyler weren't so sensitive, i would say go for those, too.

after baby size, i tell folks not to bother with anything but baby gap or hanna. all our other brands just fell apart.

hudsonam
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
DS has Hanna long johns, Gap zippers, Gymboree zippers and Children's Place long johns. Right now we can only put the zippers on him, since he strips naked if we don't, but while the Hanna long johns are really nice, I'm honestly perfectly happy with the other ones he has. In fact, I really like the Gap and Gymboree zippers we just got him. They are tight fitting, on purpose, but we just size up. And I think they look really cute when they're snug fitting. :) I love Gap long johns too, for the adorable designs, but right now we don't need any. And the Children's Place long johns are fine too.

We also have Lands' End blanket sleepers. They are Ok. Nothing special. Good quality though.

The Hannas probably hold up really well, but I tried to size up in DS's, and I don't even know if they'll fit him next winter, so I'm just as happy to buy new, less expensive ones each year. I should say, I got the Gymmies on sale, AND the Gap ones. HTH!

August Mom
02-26-2007, 10:24 PM
We like the 2-piece Gap and Old Navy PJs. They are tight fitting in style, but not super tight on. I usually size up 1 size from what DS is wearing in other clothes. They wear well and are cute. I prefer Gap, but if I can't find enough of those on sale, we supplement with Old Navy (same fit, but silkscreened designs and slightly thinner cotton).

lisams
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Disney store jammies! DD loves them, they are soft, the fabric isn't thick (we live in a warm climate) and they hold up well. I really don't like character clothing, so this is a kind of compromise!

daniele_ut
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
>We like the 2-piece Gap and Old Navy PJs. They are tight
>fitting in style, but not super tight on. I usually size up 1
>size from what DS is wearing in other clothes. They wear well
>and are cute. I prefer Gap, but if I can't find enough of
>those on sale, we supplement with Old Navy (same fit, but
>silkscreened designs and slightly thinner cotton).

I agree. We have some Hanna Zippers and they're really nice but I can't justify the cost, even on sale, for jammies. We usually manage to pick up the Old Navy ones on sale and they have held up really well. The last batch I bought for less than $3 a pair on clearance. In the winter we usually do the Carter's fleece sleepers from Costco, but next year we'll have to move to the 2piece version for potty training. When he was really young, we used TCP Stretchies and liked them, but none of them have made it to the hand me down box.

SAHMommie
02-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Hanna long/short johns are our favs! Gymboree comes in 2nd. My guy is on the chunky side so we size up twice in the Gymbo ones.

SAHMommie

boolady
02-27-2007, 10:50 AM
I really like the "Just One Year" zip-up sleep and plays, which got a lot of negative talk in the "best bets" thread. DD's room stays very warm (warmer than I'd like, actually) and they are the perfect weight because they aren't as heavy as some others. I have found them to wash up to be quite soft and comfy, and at her current "size a season" growing rate, I can't justify spending more either. She always seems quite comfy in them, and they don't have any pilling or other signs of wear. She's currently wearing the 3-6 month size, and is in the correct size for her age (41/2months).

table4three
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
All DS has worn to bed for a year now is Hanna Zippers or long johns. I love them. They are super soft with flat seams and very comfy. We've gotten a lot of use out of each size - I think the 80's lasted us close to a year. We use them year round - in the winter he wears a fleece sleep sack over them and in the warmer months a cotton sleep sack. They wash very well too. I love them so much I'm considering getting a pair of the long johns for myself!

http://b2.lilypie.com/K-PVm6/.png

Puddy73
02-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Another vote for Disney store jammies! I picked up several pairs for $6-$7 each during the Christmas sales and we have been pleasantly surprised with them. DD has some Hanna jammies, but if given the choice she always wants to wear the Disney ones.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

chinadaughter
02-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Another vote for HA zippers here. We have pretty much bought them just from the outlet. I love that you can cuff up the sleeves, so they do seem to last for a longer period of time to me. I have not sold very much on the BB board, but these have sold great. So, for the quality if you can buy them for around $14 and then sell them for $10 (which I have), they really aren't that expensive. Since my daughter will be in a 100 by this fall I have just ordered several from the outlet.

When my daughter was a little younger and we lived in a different house I was a big fan of the Children's Place blanket sleepers. I thought that they were very soft and cute. Since we moved, my daughter's house is the warmest room in the house so they are now too warm.

I have bought one pair of the Gymboree long johns which had a Christmas print. Although my daugher loved the print, she outgrew these really fast so to me it really wasn't worth the money.

Julie

jk3
02-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Hanna long johns because they're so soft and Gap long johns because he likes the prints.

Jenn
DS 6/03
& cautiously expecting in May!

bluestar2
02-27-2007, 02:02 PM
DC wear the Hanna long johns, Gap 2 piece, and Children's Place one piece cotton jammies and they are all good and have held up quite well after many many washings. The Gap ones are thinner then the Hanna LJ's but are soft and stretchy (we always size up). For fleece jammies, which we wear year round, the LL Bean ones are the only ones I'll buy after trying out a few brands. They are thick and remain relatively soft over time. They also don't pill as much as the others.

all together ooky
02-28-2007, 03:12 PM
For fleece-footed jammies I like the cheapie Target Circo ones that come in the plastic 2-pack. They're lighter weight and the zipper is covered on the inside so it doesn't scratch. They seem to launder fine. I'm still amazed they are my favorite.

DD loves her 2-piece fleece ones from Carters. Super easy to night-time pottying too.

For cotton ones I like Carters. I buy them a size big so they're not snug-fitting.

daniele_ut
02-28-2007, 08:51 PM
So, for the quality if you can buy them for
>around $14 and then sell them for $10 (which I have), they
>really aren't that expensive. >

That is a really good point about Hanna Zippers and LJs that I didn't consider. I haven't sold any yet. We have 3 waiting to sell in 80s and he's wearing 2 pairs of 90s right now.

Melanie
03-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Hanna Long John's (or zippers) b/c their are cotton, flame retardant chemical-free, loose-fitting & character-free. (The JPMA would shudder wouldn't they? LOL)

Dd has some of the TCP Zippers which are okay for the $6 I paid, but she's pretty thin so they're still nice and comfortable. I won't put them in any of the skin-tight clothes b/c it just makes me feel claustrophobic!

Dcclerk
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I am shocked to report that both kids strongly prefer the Costco Carter's fleece jammies. DD likes the one-piece zip up ones with feet, DS likes the 2 piece ones. They are only about $8 a pop tops, and both prefer them over our much more expensive Hanna zippers, Gap zippers and long johns, and Gymboree jammies. I generally am not a Carter's fan, but their no-pill fleece is my kids' favorites by far.

C99
03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Hannas. They are soft, wash well, wear well and last forever. DD is currently wearing a pair I bought at the outlet for DS in 2003. I paid $17 for them. He wore them for over a year. She's worn them for almost a year. And #3 will wear them too.

sarahsthreads
03-02-2007, 01:26 PM
We have three favorite pairs of pjs. The first two are looser-fitting sets from Carters (I'm pretty sure neither of them are 100% cotton which is why they're not too tight). The third is a nightgown from Gymboree. We like all of those because they're soft, they don't leave marks on DD's wrists and ankles, they don't have characters on them (just dogs, ducks, and fairies that DD insists are angels), and they're super-comfy (if DD's insistence on wearing them is any indication.)

We've tried and disliked Carters cotton 2-piece sets, the Just One Year sets, and TCP 2-pieces. All of those, despite having a teeny-tiny skinny child and sizing up, left horrible red marks on DD's wrists and ankles, and the pants would just fall right down every night while she wiggled around in her sleep because we'd sized up so they would fit over her hands and feet.

When she was in footed sleepers, we did fine with both Carters and Target's house brand packaged fleece sleepers. They got a bit pilly after a whole winter season, but who cares?

Sarah :)

kerrief
03-02-2007, 02:39 PM
I am surprised that no one ever mentions Kushies-although the short/long johns only go up to size 24 months. My DD wears them ALL the time, they aren't tight and don't cost much for the quality-I believe that I paid 10 for the short and 12.95 for the long. I've only bought them online and there aren't many fabric choices-enough, but not a lot. For the price, quality and comfort I'd buy these any day over Hannas, and it stinks that they don't make them in higher sizes.

FWIW,
Kerrie

tigeratty
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Our favorite are plain old Carters two piece in cotton. For my son they have the best fit (not too snug, not too loose). I think the material is equal to or thicker than gap, and much better than old navy. They have lasted well with weekly washing. For blanket sleepers I like Children's place. Next year we will need two piece, but not sure what we will use because DS has ezcema and can't wear polyseter next to his skin.

lmintzer
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Gap 2 piece cotton sets are a staple here. They are proving long-lasting too, as they are making it through 2 boys! We also are loving TCP Hanna knockoffs. Talk about a bargain. They have 2 pairs each from last year that still (basically) fit and 2 pairs from this year.

We don't have as many pairs of fleece pjs. Probably could have used some. We have a few Lands End. They are okay, but the neck openings could be wider. The boys don't like squeezing them on and off, but once they are wearing them, they are fine. Also, the 2 piece "old man" pjs from the Gap (the flannels) are so adorable. Jack has a set that are to die for cute. : )

lmintzer
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Gap 2 piece cotton sets are a staple here. They are proving long-lasting too, as they are making it through 2 boys! We also are loving TCP Hanna knockoffs. Talk about a bargain. They have 2 pairs each from last year that still (basically) fit and 2 pairs from this year.

We don't have as many pairs of fleece pjs. Probably could have used some. We have a few Lands End. They are okay, but the neck openings could be wider. The boys don't like squeezing them on and off, but once they are wearing them, they are fine. Also, the 2 piece "old man" pjs from the Gap (the flannels) are so adorable. Jack has a set that are to die for cute. : )

theamazingtrace
03-02-2007, 08:41 PM
What are your (or DC's) favorite jammies? What brand are they, and what do you like about them?

Eloise36
03-03-2007, 03:36 AM
Another vote here for Hanna zippers and long johns. They are 100% cotton, super comfortable and the only PJs that aren't too tight on my chunky kids.