PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree has a dress I want for my daughter - how do I locate a stoe that has it?

jess_g
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Can I just call and ask them if they have the dress? Will they hold it for me if they do? And will they send it from a store if needed? I need the dress by Friday for a costume so I don't think sending it would work though.

Thanks,

Jessica.

supercalifragilous
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
My local stores are always willing to hold it for you for 24 hours. They will ship it to you and charge you for it, of course, but I wouldn't gamble with that if you need it by Friday. Also, the stores in my area will not ship store to store like Nordstrom. You have to buy it at the store that has it in stock or have them ship it to you.

HTH!

luv_my_girl
02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Stores are a pain about this. Gymbo has no central inventory system, so you have to call each one individually, and then describe it as best you can. Good luck. If it's a newer item, then you'll be in luck.

supercalifragilous
03-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes, that's true - you have to call each store and have them check for your size and that's a time-consumer for sure. :(

Call me crazy, but years ago there was a line that I LOVED and I just *had* to have the dress and it was sold out everywhere and online. It was going for a crazy amount on eBay. The SA at my store told me she had just transferred from TN and the line didn't do well there and to call them and have them ship it to me. Shipping's the same price anywhere, supposedly. The next year, the line happened to reappear out at the outlets but oh well, I had the dress!

If you do resort to having it shipped to you, you might want to start at states that don't charge sales tax, like OR. I don't know if they're supposed to charge sales tax if your state does, but I've been lucky and they've forgot since they're so used to ringing it up without.

jess_g
03-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone I ended up going to the Hanna outlet instead and getting a long sleeved dress there. They had about 4 to pick from and each was only $10 so you can't beat that. Of course I also picked up another dress and some sweaters too. They have some great deals right now on winter items.

Jessica.