PDA

View Full Version : Sandals for New Walker

02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
What sandals have you used for your new walkers. DS is 15 months and is walking pretty confidently in his Pedipeds and Robeez knockoffs. However, as the weather warms up we'll be spending a lot of time at the beach, and would like to use sandals.

Does anyone have experience with the pediped sandals?

I know a lot of posters loved the Jumping Jacks sandals; are they good for a newish walker? Where can a get a good deal?

Any other brand recommendations?

Thank you,

Christine W

smkinc
03-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Depending on what type of beach you'll be at you might be able to just keep wearing the Robeez. That's what we did at this age--it was rough on the shoes, but they protected DS's feet enough (wore them without socks) and we could just wash them in the washer to get rid of all the sand.

HTH,

Mary
Mom to J. Feb. '03
Homestudy Complete for #2, now just waiting...

brianaw
03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
My son is 15 months and I bought him some Crocs. I don't really like the look of them but he LOVES them. He sits down and tries to put them on by himself and he runs around the house just looking at them. It took him a few hours to get use to them but now when I tell him to grab his shoes, the Crocs are the only pair he'll grab. I also told my friend about them (who has a son the same age) and she bought a pair and he also loves them.

03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you. DS loves playing around the tidepools and I know that the salt water would destroy any leather shoes.

Did you buy knockoffs or the real thing? Where did you get them from? I know that Shoebuy has a code right now for sandals, but if I could find toddler knockoffs I might get those instead.

Best,

Christine W

debsterchen
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
There is a shoebuy $10 off coupon that was supposed to expire yesterday but is still working and will work for crocs. It is YAHOO10D, an even better deal than 20% off since crocs are on the less expensive side. Also, ebates gives 10% off of shoebuy.

-Debbie