PDA

View Full Version : What does your 2 - 3 yo DD wear to bed?

ltmommy
03-01-2007, 09:12 AM
I know there is a similar thread just posted, but it doesn't seem to help... DD is 2 1/2, a little tall for her age and not at all chubby - she is between 2T and 3T in most clothes. However, the cotton PJ's I am finding are WAY too snug on her. She has already pretty much outgrown her 3T Carters (as well as the Target Carter's brand), as the elastic bands at the wrists and ankles are particularly tight. Gap and Old Navy PJs are better, but even those 3T's are getting hard to put on. I went to Target yesterday and found a couple of nightgowns, which she seemed to really get a kick out of, but they were the polyester stuff which just feels so icky. And I have a feeling after a few washings they will be tattered and pilling.

I don't have a Hanna outlet anywhere around, and paying even sale prices is a little out of my budget - basically, the more PJ's she has, the less I do laundry, so I'd like to have at least 10 sets! Anyone have any other ideas? Or do I just go and buy Old Navy and Gap 4T's now?

Leslie
DD 7.04
EDD 5.07

jodifurman
03-01-2007, 09:19 AM
If you wait and get lucky, you can get Gap PJs for as low as $6.97-- I pick them up whenever I find them at $6.97 for my kids- PJs is one of the few things that I shop *way* ahead for (i.e. my 2 year old DS has PJs up to size 5 waiting for him to grow into) I don't like Old Navy PJs nearly as much-- not as soft and the pattern is screen printed on to the fabric instead of part of the fabric so it tends to fade a lot.

GAP PJs are all my kids wear to sleep-- they're comfy and wear like iron. Bite the bullet and buy the 4s :D

BeachBaby
03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
My DD is also 2.5. She's almost 37" tall and probably 27-30 lbs? She's been wearing Target's Circo brand zip-up sleepers in a 3T all winter. They were huge on her at first but now they fit pretty well. They are still loose. In fact, it's been pretty cold lately so she's been wearing a t-shirt and socks under the sleeper and they aren't tight at all.

These Circo jammies are in a 2-pack, and I think the regular price is like $10.

HTH!

Maromy
03-01-2007, 04:50 PM
My DD is 2.5 weighs 30lbs and is around 36.5" tall. She loves the L.L. Bean cotton 2 pc pajamas that I bought for her. I think she might wear a 3T in them, but they are not tight and she prefers them over Carters and her Hanna zippers.

Amy

atlcombs
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
My 2.5 yr. old is wearing TCP jammies in 3T right now. They fit great with a bit of growing room. We are still in sleepers however and I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. We did have a set of ON two piece jammies for Xmas and she was in a 4T for those. HTH!
~gina

Wife_and_mommy
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
My dd is the same size roughly as pp's and has been wearing gap size 5(yes, 5) since she was about 14M. They're made to fit snugly so buying really big has worked well. She has a size 3 that will be outgrown this year for sure but her two size 5's will be good for a *long* while yet.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] x 2

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png
http://b2.lilypie.com/AzrMm5.png

trumansmom
03-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Are you sure you want to know? Right now she waffles between two different types of nightwear. She either wears the cheesy Target nightgowns you mentioned (BLECH), or she joins in the family tradition. DH and I both sleep in boxers and t-shirts, Truman recently picked up the habit, and lately Eleanor has started wearing Truman's gianormous t-shirts and hand me down boxers. It's funny, because normally she's the girliest girl in the world, but she loves her robot or lizard covered boxers!

In the meanwhile, she had a drawerful of Hanna LJ's just sitting there hoping she gets over it soon!!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04