PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for DD's spring/summer wardrobe?

aidansmommy
03-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi Ladies!
I have a 3yo DS and I now realize how easy he is to shop for...some shorts, T's, polo tops, and he's good to go.
But now my DD is a different story. So many options! I need help knowing what to buy and what I'll want to use the most. She's almost 3 mos. old, we live in New Jersey so it doesn't get ridiculously hot here in the summer most of the time.

So far I have 4 adorable sundresses, 2 capri pant sets, 1 short set, 2 bubbles/rompers, 3 cardigans. So what do you use the most--what do I need a lot more of? What did you find yourself putting her in all the time? Also any tips on what to put on their feet with dresses or dressier rompers?

I have a lot of Gymbucks so I'm already planning on what I'll buy next week! Thanks in advance for your answers!

mapg
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
I liked bloomers with the onesie style t-shirt, more tops than bottoms as I recall. My kids were crawling during the summer, so I didn't do much with dresses. I'm looking at pictures. Some leggings with short sleeved tops. My favorite outfit was smocked top with bloomers. I'm certain she wore shoes, but I can't find any pictures, so no help there. I'll look at Gymboree and see what they have. I don't have any Gymbucks, so I haven't really looked.

C99
03-04-2007, 05:01 PM
for a non-walker, your best bet (IMO) are 1-piece rompers and the occasional dress or capri set. My DD was born in May and she *lived* in 1-piece shorts rompers her first summer. She practically did not wear anything else. Last year, she was walking so things were a bit different - she wore primarily capri sets, a few dresses and rompers. We traveled to a warm climate last year when she was 10 months and she wore Robeez or a pair of Pedoodles Mary James with everything.

luv_my_girl
03-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Things that can get dirty, and things that aren't too hot. My girls wore a lot of soft cotton rompers, and tee shirt/bike short combos. Capri sets are also terrific and the lightweight ones can be worn all summer to protect the knees. If she is a skinny kid, stick with straight-cut shirts. If she's rounder, the A-line shirts look really cute, esp with bike shorts. I wasn't big on the bloomers and mine never wore dresses at that age. Now, at ages 2 and 4, they want dresses all the time!

ETA: Make sure you stick with soft fabrics. Lots of girls clothes have scratchy lace or annoying collars - these are the worst in hot weather. Soft jersey knit is the best. If I were you, I'd get more capris and short sets (everyday clothes) which you can definitely find at Gymboree.

momathome
03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Carters one-piece summer rompers and sunsuits were what all 3 of my girls wore at that age. If you are looking for something a little different, Naartjie baby grows are super cute and comfy. HTH!

lenad
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Dd's first summer (she was 8-10mo old) I used rompers a lot. They were nice and light, and covered her bum. I found I only used the one dress that had a very large skirt, so when she sat it would open around her and not "climb up". And that was a romper with a skirt, in fact. I got several "Koala baby" things for dd that summer and thought they were very cute (this was before I discovered this board).

I have also found light summer sweaters to be essential; dd has always had a white cotton one. They go over everything.

I have seen many adorable rompers with halter-like tops. As adorable as they are, they can really be worn only in the warmest of weather, so I'd pass on them.

For her feet, I think Stride Rite has adorable pre-walker shoes. I actually don't go nuts over their "normal" shoes, but love the pre-walker ones (much cuter than Robeez, imo).

MommyAllison
03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
We did tons of rompers for my DD's first summer, and rarely used the shorts sets we had. We did quite a few dresses too, because I loved them, had a lot, and DD crawled just fine in them. We used Pedipeds sandals (one brown pair went with everything!). I agree with a PP that it is great to have a white sweater to go over everything. Have fun shopping!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05