PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Help......WWYD?

Pennylane
03-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I purchased a super cute pair of shoes for my DS the other day from a new "boutique" shoe store. They seemed to fit in the store, so I left them on him to wear home. He has not had them on since then.

Today I put them on him and he started crying when he got down to walk. I checked to make sure his sock was not twisted or anything, put them back on and he started crying again.

His toe is right at the end of the shoe and I honestly think she sold us the wrong size. I feel weird taking them back to the store since he wore them out but they were over $50.00 and I hate to waste that money. WWYD?

Thanks, Ann

debsterchen
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I would take them back. You could take them back, explain the situation and try them on again in the store and show them how they don't fit right. I think if they are a respectable store, they would see the shoes don't fit and offer an exchange of size at a minimum. If not, you know not to shop there again. You shouldn't feel bad, this is why you went to a store rather than buying online, to make sure you got the right size and a nice fit!

-Debbie

BeachBum
03-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I think you're out the money. I don't think it's the stores fault that you bought the shoes too small. And obviously they can't resell used shoes. I would feel embarrassed trying to return them.

Melanie
03-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Well, I was in the *exact* same situation (or close to it) when Ds was 1 1/2. I had him measured at Stride Rite and them told me (whatever) WIDE. I showed them the shoes we wanted, they brought them out, put them on him and we left. I get home and they were (whatever) MEDIUM. The complicating factor was we were on vacation so I had to find another corporate Stride Rite store, but when I did they took them back. I guess the main difference is you are dealing with a small boutique and they likely didn't sell you the wrong shoe, but my point is that I didn't think they would take it back from me, either. However if you don't ask, the answer is always "no."

They might surprise you! If you want to maintain a relationship with them, I wouldn't get pushy or accusatory, just be pleasant and see what they say.

Good Luck!

Oregonmother
03-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Don't know how old your DS is. Did he walk outside in them at all? If not, and the soles are not marked I say absolutely exchange them for the next size up. Most shoe stores allow you to return shoes as long as they have not been worn outside the house.

Pennylane
03-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm heading over there this morning to try. I'll post my results later!

Ann

mariza
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Theres always Ebay, if the store doesn't help out.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

Pennylane
03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
They took them back, no questions asked! I even told him my son had worn them home. He suggested a pair that might work better too. So I brought them home and they seem to fit great.

Guess it never hurts to ask!

Ann

Melanie
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
That's great! They're a smart retailer b/c now they've earned a customer instead of just selling a pair of shoes.