PDA

View Full Version : Shorter cuffs in new Hanna zippers...Grr

4Cats
03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I just received my new zipper from Hanna and discovered that the cuffs are now shorter and wider than the ones I had ordered from Hanna last year!

Several months ago I posted a question about a zipper I won from ebay with the shorter cuffs, but I assumed that was a special make or from an outlet.

I called Hanna and the service rep said that all their new zippers will have this shorter cuff style because customers complained about the long cuffs, and that most babies outgrew the zipper in the rise before outgrowing the arms/legs.

Does anyone else hate (or like) this new style? I guess I could try it on my DS and see how it looks, but bad things always happen to unwashed, still-with-tags clothes when I have done that before ;).

Kristin

C99
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
The new style is actually the old style - I prefer it, because I found all that extra fabric superfluous. Edited to clarify: what child really keeps the cuffs folded down on pajamas?

table4three
03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I miss the long cuffs too. I guess my kiddo has long arms and legs compared to his torso, but they were handy for us.

http://b2.lilypie.com/K-PVm6/.png

egoldber
03-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, I'm torn. I think the shorter cuff look better, but I am definitely getting more life from 50 zippers because of the longer cuffs. Amy is long and thin, so the longer cuffs work well for her.

Andrea S
03-06-2007, 09:49 AM
The longer cuffs work better for Benjamin. He can still wear his 60's with the longer cuffs.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/02
& Benjamin 3/06

Andrea S
03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I fold cuffs when they are too long.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/02
& Benjamin 3/06

caleymama
03-06-2007, 10:37 AM
We did. We got a lot of additional wear out of the size 80 zipper we had because of the ability to first fold the cuffs and then wear them unfolded the following year.

kelly ann
03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Another vote for the longer cuffs. It definitely let us use the zippers for two seasons. Bummer - but we are almost out of the zipper phase anyway.

almostamom
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Yep, us too. DS is on his second year in his 80 zippers thanks to the cuffs!

Linda

MonicaH
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I like the long cuffs. I think they look cute rolled up. But I will acknowledge that my DD is going to outgrow the rise before the arms and legs, so they are cute, but superfluous.

Kristin, I got your email...I'll write back I promise!

Monica

mamaecb
03-07-2007, 12:00 AM
This has been a rant of mine too. I really like the long cuffs better. I also questioned Hanna about it and got the same answer as Kristin. I actually think the long cuffs look cuter, either rolled back or not. I have noticed that the zippers with the short, wide cuffs tend to "ride up" on Henry's legs too. Grrr.

Emilie, mama to Henry