PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my Boden stuff (thought it could help someone!)

nicknack
03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Let's see, I pretty much like everything. Loved it all before actually trying it on, but now I might return a few things.

BROOKS

Sailing trousers: LOVE these, super soft and thin, great spring/summer pants. However, the 3/4 seems really big on Brooks and that's the size he SHOULD be wearing. It's like there's extra material on the sides by the hips or something. Maybe they'll get better once washed and dried, not sure. And they're fairly long, although they look super cute rolled up, so that's not really a problem. I also feel like there's bagginess in the crotch, maybe because he's not wearing diapers anymore? Not sure, but I saw that on some other things I ordered too. Anyway, will most likely keep them cause they're so darn cute but the fit lacks a little something.

Board shorts: I got the red ticking in 3/4 and they're really cute! The stripe is a bit thicker than the stripe on the sailing trousers and they're not as soft or thin. They seem a bit long on Brooks (hmm, maybe he's a little short!) and again, some bagginess in the crotch, but I think we'll keep them. He could start wearing them in spring since they're practically as long as pants on him and they'll carry through the summer.

Cropped baggy jersies: Got these in blue in 3/4. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! They fit him better than the other two, so maybe they run a bit smaller? Again, a bit of bagginess in the crotch, I know their clothes are skater style, but I thought that meant baggy all around not just in the crotch! Definitely keeping these, tempted to get another color.

MAEVE

Ruffle trim top (not sure if that's the official name): Really really cute, definitely keeping these. The trim is such a cute polka dot, got it in the pink. Got 18-24 and it seems like it'll be a bit big, but I'm sure it will shrink a bit. Really soft.

Cropped vintage baggies: Really torn about these. They're really cute (got the indigo) but she seems to fall in between sizes. THe 12-18 seem to cut her belly off when she's sitting but are the perfect length and all that when standing. There's a BIG difference between these and the 18-24. The waist is way bigger on the bigger size and doesn't seem to be as elasticy to me. And they're maybe an inch longer? So they're huge on her now but then again, she won't be wearing them for a few months. That all said, I think I might return both and save myself the 60 bucks. I could try again when they have the end of season sale, but for now, I think I'd rather spend 60 on some other pants since these just don't seem to fit her right.

Also ordered her the crochet trim tee but it's on backorder.

Sorry so long but wanted to give my thoughts, HTH!

Nicole

twofunboys
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info... just one question - can you tell me brooks' height/weight/age? Trying to figure out what size to order for DS who is just 4...
TIA!

twofunboys
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the info... just one question - can you tell me brooks' height/weight/age? Trying to figure out what size to order for DS who is just 4...
TIA!

nicknack
03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Ack, I have no idea about his weight! I thought at his last appt (November) he was around 35 pounds maybe? Mother of the year, right here!

He was 3 in November and he's about 37 inches tall (I think).

Sorry, that probably doesn't help much!

nicknack
03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Ack, I have no idea about his weight! I thought at his last appt (November) he was around 35 pounds maybe? Mother of the year, right here!

He was 3 in November and he's about 37 inches tall (I think).

Sorry, that probably doesn't help much!

nicknack
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay, I randomly found some info from his last visit! He was 35.5 pounds and 37 inches in November, so I'd add a bit to both measurements. If he'll let me, I'll try to measure just the length of his legs later (maybe stuff seems long if he has shorter legs?).

nicknack
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay, I randomly found some info from his last visit! He was 35.5 pounds and 37 inches in November, so I'd add a bit to both measurements. If he'll let me, I'll try to measure just the length of his legs later (maybe stuff seems long if he has shorter legs?).

kcimato
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
For all of their clothes you can click on each one and get the garment measurment. Outside leg ,waist ect. I'd get something you have that you like the fit of and compare.

kcimato
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
For all of their clothes you can click on each one and get the garment measurment. Outside leg ,waist ect. I'd get something you have that you like the fit of and compare.

smilla653
03-07-2007, 10:47 PM
The garment measurements rock! That is what I did, and I was very satisfied with the fit of the things I ordered.

smilla653
The garment measurements rock! That is what I did, and I was very satisfied with the fit of the things I ordered.

smilla653

nicknack
03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I will definitely be using those the next time, should have done it this time but was in a rush, ack!