PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else heard that SKR is not running as wide?

SammyeGail
03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I was talking to a merchant the other day about returning some SKRs and she said the new lines, or some of the shoes, are not going to run as wide as the previous lines. She even had comparison measurments.

Anyone heard this or noticed any of their new SKRs running less wide?

Samantha
Noah and Jonas
15 month old twins

JacksMommy
03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Haven't tried the new sizing yet but I definitely read somewhere (I thought it was on their site but I don't see anything now) that their bigger sizes (maybe 7 and up?) are going to be narrower. If you go to their site and to the products page, you can click on the shoe you want and then click on the size chart to see which size chart applies to that style.

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

TereasaT
03-10-2007, 01:05 AM
I was actually going to post this on another board. I just received a pair of size 8 Rashads and Londons. They are narrower than our previous SKRs. I really noticed the difference in the heel because I had a tougher time putting DS' foot in.

I'm also not sure if they changed their leather, but when I pressed my finger on the top of the shoe to feel DS' toes, it remained indented. He was so upset about that indentation that I had to take the shoe off and press it back up. It's weird because the previous SKR shoes we had never did this.

Thank goodness they still work for us even if they are narrower. As DS has gotten older, his feet aren't as wide anymore.

KrystalS
03-11-2007, 10:44 AM
I ordered my dd the Eden sandals from last year on Zappos. They were way too wide for her foot. We both loved the sandals so I'm hoping maybe the newer styles aren't running as wide. Has anyone tried the Sara or Ava? I'm going to order them, I'll post when I get them for they are more narrow.

Rhonda36
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM
It is the larger sizes that are slightly narrower, and they've adjusted the sizing slightly to be more consistent across the board. So it should help most folks with getting the right fit, although there are sure to be some kids who's feet remain chubby right up until they grow out of their SKRs...

They still equate roughly to a Stride Rite Wide.

Hope that helps!

Canna
03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I need some dressy shoes for a wedding and would love to get some that would work for less formal occasions all summer. The Sara or Jessica might work. But my DD does not have a wide foot or chunky ankle, so I'm wondering if it would be just silly for me to try this brand?