PDA

View Full Version : Those with boys- what are they wearing for Easter?

brianaw
03-09-2007, 10:25 AM
There are so many adorable dresses for the girls, but it seems that it's a lot harder to find a cute outfit for a little boy. Where did you find your sons Easter outfit? Thanks for the input.

hudsonam
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
We have done sweater vests a lot, so I wanted to get away from that this time. I think I'm putting DS in khakis and a nice polo with a brown belt and brown shoes. Not super dressy, but still nice. Gap has some really cute polos that are actually on sale on their web site right now. Not sure about in store.

BeachBum
03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
For our Easter egg hunt and the hunt at church he is wearing a jon jon with a bunny applicate. The bunny is riding in a carrot car. He will wear sandals with it.

For easter sunday he is wearing a 2 piece linen shorts outfit. The shorts are blue and the top is white trimmed in blue with a monogramed collar. He will wear knee socks and oxfords.

He is 18 months.

Tondi G
03-09-2007, 05:07 PM
My DH has said NO/NEVER to sweater vests so my boys will probably just wear polo shirts or button up short sleeved shirt and Khakis! I guess I should get started figuring that out huh! :)

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

lizajane
03-09-2007, 06:23 PM
whatcha lookin' for?

preppy?
traditional?
modern?
casual?

dylan is wearing a hand smocked blue pique shortall with a white shirt with peter pan collar underneath (i would call this preppy traditional, a la orient expressed, ragsland, kelly's kids, amanda remembered...) i have finished the smocking- 3 little brown bunnies with blue vests- but not the outfit.

schuyler is wearing a white linen shirt with a rounded collar with either blue linen shorts OR the matching blue pique shorts (matching to dylan's outfit.) i got the linen outfit, by ragsland, at my local resale shop for $16!! yay!! but i wanted him to match dylan, so i intend to make him the matching shorts and see how they look with the shirt.

i make my kids' clothes, but if i couldn't and had the money, they would wear the preppy tradional i mentioned above. if i didn't have the money, which i don't, they would wear something i found resale or ebay, like i found schuyler's outfit. and i still might make schuyler a shirt to match dylan's. depends on what kind of work i have to do this month.

brianaw
03-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm looking for modern/preppy. I like some of the stuff from The Childrens Place, but I hate that all of the kids will have the same outfit. THanks for all of the ideas

kirstensmom
03-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I bought this outfit from children's place. I think it's pretty cute and I wasn't really a fan of sweater vests. We can't do shorts here so this works for us. Hopefully we won't have a heat wave - lol.

edited to remove pic

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02
DS due 9/5/05

lizajane
03-09-2007, 10:39 PM
he looks PRECIOUS!! those colors are FAB-O on him!!

kaitlinsmommy
03-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I think I'm going to get ds a blue gingham romper from PBK. DD is wearing a blue Cinderella bishop from Orient Expressed, so they will look cute together.

brianaw
03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh my gosh! He looks so cute. I'm glad to see it on a little one, makes me want to buy something like that now. Does anyone know if they bring down the prices before Easter? I dont want to buy it and then kick myself for not waiting.

ajmom
03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm totally NOT into jon-jons and smocking and seersucker on my boys- they are wearing outfits from The Children's Place. DS1 is wearing the green/brown plaid button up (seen in the picture on the little boy above) with a green sweater vest and tie and khaki pants. DS2 is wearing a green and white striped button-up under a green/brown/white striped sweater with khakis. I do like to coordinate them and TCP is a very affordable place for that. I thikn we've gotten their Easter outfits from there every year except 1. My only grips about TCO is the girls dresses dont' thrill me and don't really coordinate with the boy stuff to my liking. But that's another topic...

Fairy
03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Gap for just about everyone, even the dog! I really like their sweaters and non-jeans options. I also like Gymboree's cords with the thick cord, rather than thin.

smilla653
03-13-2007, 09:45 AM
We live in Chicago, so Easter is typically cold and urban LOL. I bought DS a special outfit for spring that he won't just wear at Easter. A pair of rust-colored checked pants and a white and blue print top by Tea Collection (big splurge). I am thinking of knitting a turquoise sweater vest to match/not match (ie. it's a funky look and who knows if I'll have the time but I do have the yarn for it). I definitely fall into the "gotta love the sweater vests on little boys" camp.

brianaw
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
I wanted to thank all of you for your info. I ended up looking EVERYWHERE and ended up buying a sweater vest (cream with light blue and dark blue diamond pattern on front) with a light blue polo, I had some kaki shorts I bough last year at gap on clearance for $4 and then I remembered that I bought some adorable blue canvas boot shoes at Old Navy for $2 last year. So after it was all over I have an adorable outfit for Easter and only spent $20. I love saving money!