PDA

View Full Version : Any reasonably priced dress/leggings sets?

mnosky1
03-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I love this look, yet have none (except for one SS HA set which I love). I am looking for something reasobaly priced - Less than $40 total? Is this possible? Have you seen any at B&M stores? Or any ideas of dresses that look cute with adding plain leggings? DD likes dresses for daycare/school but sometimes has trouble pulling the tights back up so won't wear tights to school. I need something in the 4-6x range. TIA!
Michelle

mapg
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
The Children's place has some dresses that go with Capris. They are bright multicolor stripes with legging like capris in the colors of the stripes. The Capri's fit really snug, so you might need to size up.

MayB
03-11-2007, 02:54 PM
If you have a gymboree outlet near you, I saw some cute long and short sleeve dresses for around $10 and matching leggings for around $7. I thought that was pretty reasonable. I'm not sure about prices in the regular store.

debsterchen
03-11-2007, 04:12 PM
How about a Land's End Cap Sleeved Jersey dress? They are $19.50 and I think they'd look nice with solid leggings/capris.

http://tinyurl.com/2pnwy5

I don't actually own any but there was a prior post recently with alot of love for this dress.

-Debbie

Oregonmother
03-12-2007, 12:13 AM
You might try Naartjie also.

www.naartjie.com

kcimato
03-12-2007, 05:40 AM
I second the Naartjie choice.

colleenfs
03-12-2007, 12:35 PM
>I second the Naartjie choice.

Welcome to the "dark side." LOL!

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�

C99
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
This is what I was going to suggest. DD's favorite outfits are almost invariably Naartjie sets of leggings + dress or leggings + tunic.

mnosky1
03-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions! Watch out Am Ex! :)
Where is the best place to get Naartjie? -- Never mind, I guess that is the Naartjie website, duh!
Michelle

sesame
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
>Thanks for all the great suggestions! Watch out Am Ex! :)
>Where is the best place to get Naartjie? -- Never mind, I
>guess that is the Naartjie website, duh!
>Michelle

Actually, the best place is to call/email the store with your order. The stores can call around the other stores if they don't have it in stock. Online, the stuff goes pretty fast. HTH!

thing1andt2
03-13-2007, 06:00 AM
YIKES!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen Naartjie before and it is adorable, and so reasonably priced, there is so much I'd love to buy!! How is the quality? Looks super soft but hard to tell?

thing1andt2
03-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Actually how does their sizing run? Trying to decide on a couple things.

Correct me if I am wrong but some stuff reminds me of cheaper baby nay or even a bit deux par deux!

mapg
03-13-2007, 08:10 AM
The quality is good, but the sizing can be all over the place. The legs run really long ( and I have a kid who is all legs). I'd call one of the stores and ask how stuff is running. Or tell what lines you like and someone who has bought can give you guidence on that particular line. It is really cute.

HGraceMom
03-13-2007, 09:15 AM
do they have a print catalog? putting together outfits is tough for me online!!!

colleenfs
03-13-2007, 01:57 PM
It's really hard to make outfits, and the way Naartjie photographs their items does them no favors! The clothes often look terrible online, but are really cute on a kid. Check out the Naartjie section on gymborebel.com or try to get onto a Naartjie loop so you can see picts of other kids in their new Naart. Makes it much easier to see what it all looks like IRL.

~Colleen
Julia, 1-10-02
Emma, 7-27-05

“I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.�