PDA

View Full Version : Brands for Slim DD

val01
03-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi All,

I have a 6 week old DD who is on the smaller side. She is 8.5lbs, and 20.5 inches long. She has a very narrow waist. She has just outgrown her preemie clothes (6lbs, 14oz at birth). Our Carters NB clothes are too big - mainly in the waist. They are huge on her. Who has slimmer fitting clothes? She has an extra inch to two inches on her newborn pants and they won't stay up.

Thanks!
Valerie

all together ooky
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
At six weeks old and small I would probably just stick with one piece outfits or dresses. I always found Carters tended to be on the slimmer side. Sorry I'm not much help.

03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree w/ the previous poster. My 7 wk DD who was born at 6 lbs 1 oz is starting to outgrow her under 7 lb clothes, but NB is too big for her. As a result, I keep her in one pieces which are big in the waist but stay on her.

val01
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
My problem with the one piece sleepers is that her feet get caught in the leg. When she stretches her legs out (quite often), it hurts to no end. I think that I am going to start keeping her in gowns or dresses until I can find something that fits.

Valerie

ljackson
03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
My DD is a similar shape and I found that one-pieces from The Children's Place and Old Navy work really well. They seem to run a bit smaller than some brands as well as being a slimmer fit.

all together ooky
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Get one-piece ones without feet. Then just put socks on her. And if she still has the feet getting stuck in the legs, put the socks on over the clothes. It may look a little strange, but at that age she'll still look cute. Have you tried leggings, like from Gymboree? I don't know how small they make them...

val01
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
I haven't seen any one-piece outfits without feet - well, not in the NB or 0-3 months size. Who makes them?

Thanks!

Valerie

val01
03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
That's good to know. Maybe we'll stop by there this afternoon!

Valerie