PDA

View Full Version : Is a drive to the Hanna outlet worth it?

thing1andt2
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I have never been to one before and will be about an hours drive this weekend from one. Do they have current merchandise or last years and how does the discounting run?
TIA!
Beth

C99
03-12-2007, 08:25 PM
They have both current and last year's merchandise. Prices are hit or miss. On current merchandise, prices are the same as they are in the catalog or retail stores, although sometimes are a bit lower - 10-20% off. Prices on last year's or last season's stuff is 30-50% off, unless they are running a sale. Zippers and LJs are normally only $28, although they sometimes have deals on them. I would call ahead and ask what specials, if any, they are running now. Sometimes it can be worth the drive - I live about an hour and 15 minutes from one, but rarely make a special trip. However, I did last month and ended up with 7 pairs of LJs/zippers for under $100.

MayB
03-13-2007, 04:21 AM
A few things from the spring catalog are cheaper at the outlets than online. For example, the Catch a Carousel dress and Dotted Playdress (crema only, not rose) are $22 at the outlets as opposed to $32 online. The marshmallow pullovers are $18 at the outlets as opposed to $22 online. You might want to call ahead to see how they're stocked on the sizes you're looking for. They will hold items for 48 hours so they could hold stuff you might want if you call ahead -- or you could call and charge now and pick it up this weekend.

thing1andt2
03-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Thanks!

There is so much stuff that I want from the spring catalog (but can't buy it all LOL!) that I think I may go. Then at least when I see it in person it will be easier to pick sizes. DD is almost 6 months and about 28 inches.

I should probably start a new thread for this sizing questions, but DD is 28 inches, 16.5 lbs, almost 6 months old. According to their sizing she should be in 70s perfect right now. But she fits wonderfully in a 60s leggings and cardigan, ruffle bodysuit and her 60 everyday tights are great too. But her 60 ruffle tights are small. I would buy 70 for spring time stuff, but 80 for summer dresses seems pushing it. I know she is super tall but it just doesn't seem to all add up. Any help would be appreciated. I know with dresses I think you have a bit more leway as opposed to pants and tops, but this is my first summer dressing a girl I want to get it right after 2 boys :)

TIA!!

squimp
03-13-2007, 11:48 AM
My store just sent a bunch of stuff to the outlets, so I'd say it's a good time to go!

luv_my_girl
03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
FWIW, my 25-month old is 34-35" tall (75th %, I think) and 25 lbs and she is just starting to outgrow the size 80. So I think an 80 would be huge on your DD!!! She was wearing a size 70 last summer, at 15-18 months.

C99
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I would buy 70s for this summer, especially in PDs, which run wide and short. My DD is also really tall - she is 34.5" at 22 months - and most size-80 stuff fits her, although she's outgrown the length on her long PD leggings

thing1andt2
03-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Hmm. So sounds like 70 will be great for spring and summer. That is what I had been thinking, especially seeing her in her 60s today. But what about next fall/winter when sh is 12-18 months? Will 80s be too big? She is 97% for height, but your DDs are tall too and just in 80s at almost and just age 2. I guess I"ll have to see when I get there?