PDA

View Full Version : White Sandals for 16 mos. DS?

cindylouhoo
03-13-2007, 10:38 AM
First of all, would you put white sandals on a boy?
I'm going to get him some of the Stride Rite Guppies in the brown & probably the blue, too. I love him in shortalls for church & think a pair of white ones would work better with most of those. He's not walking now at 14 mos., but surely by the time warm weather is really here, he will be. Can you suggest a good flexible white sandal for a new walker? Oh, and SR has already measured him for a 6 1/2 wide. TIA

shburks
03-13-2007, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't. I was in that same place this time last year, and I just couldn't bring myself to do white. It looked too Miamai Vice to me! I put ds in the Pedipeds Harvey (their brown sandal version)and that's what he wore to church (Easter and everything) last year.

Just my thoughts...

Susan

BeachBum
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't think there is anything in the world wrong with white sandals for a boy! But we decided to go with navy and brown. Those just seem to match our wardrobe better.

VClute
03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I've had this debate with several moms - those who like smocking, etc and those who don't and I am amazed how many people don't like white sandals!

ANYway, I tried the Hanna Andersson white fisherman sandals for this year. HATED THEM. The leather was thin and cheesy. Blech. I would LOVE to have gotten the white Hide and Seek Teeter Totters from Ecco on Zappos, but oy! They were EXPENSIVE! I ended up getting Willits sandals from Shoe Buy (with coupon and through Ebates, of course). They're still a little big on DS, but they're NOT what I would call flexible, either. (Though the leather is nice, and the padding on the interior is substantial.) He kind of "marched" in them when we tried them on him. Last year, he wore Angel fisherman sandals that I got from babies and children online (something like that) - out of Virginia, I think? They were REALLY inexpensive, and held up well, but he was hardly walking then.

Now, I don't expect DS to be wearing jon jons next summer, so our white sandal days will be coming to an end this year, but as long as he has snaps in his crotch, I think he's still "baby" enough for white anything! :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

linsei
03-14-2007, 08:24 AM
White sandals on a boy? Absolutely! My ds will be 3 by this summer and I still plan to put white sandals on him with his spring/summer dress clothes. IMO brown sandals look hideous with dress clothes.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]