PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Soled Shoes..HELP

overcome
03-13-2007, 05:59 PM
We love love love our robeez and pedipeds, but now that spring has sprung, we need something with a rubber sole so that the wetness will not soak through.

What do you think of Wiggees? They will be a larger size, so they will have the rubber sole.

I also like some of the Pedoodles.

DD wears about a size 5 to 5.5.

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm not having a lot of luck finding past threads.

I want to order something TONIGHT!

TIA

cmorgen
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I am a huge, huge, huge fan of Pedoodles. Also, puddle Jumpers.

NatalieM
03-14-2007, 08:13 AM
We love Pedoodles! They're flexible and so cute. We also have Eccos and Preschoolians.

snowangel
03-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I would go with Pedoodles for outdoors. We have the Wiggees too but they aren't good if its wet outside. Their little feet would get wet. Pedoodles sound perfect for what you need.

wendyp
03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Also, www.livieandluca.com or www.seekairun.com.

Tondi G
03-14-2007, 12:26 PM
See Kai Run or CROCS. She might just fit the smalles size of crocs! The pedoodles are nice as well.... my neighbors little girl had a pair and wore them to death!

citymama
03-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Wait - I thought the pedipeds also have rubber soles. I was about to get them for my DD who needs flexible shoes with rubber soles. Are they leather soled like Robeez?

Pedoodles look great - although be warned that the first walkers styles (butterfly, cat etc) are mostly leather soles, with 2 rubber patches, so not waterproof. The MJs and runners are rubber soled.

Radosti
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Pedipeds have a padded leather sole. So, not at all water-resistant.

I just ordered a pair of Pedoodles for DS from www.elliebaby.com with a 30% off coupon - sale30

overcome
03-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Yay! Thanks for all the responses! I ended up purchasing a pair of Pedoodles...pink runners. I *hope* they fit!! I can't wait for dd to have a pair of shoes that I don't have to worry about getting wet soles!

I'm sure I'll like them after all the rave reviews. Unfortunately, I I missed out on getting them through the recent coop, but I did get a pair of their cute sandals through the coop! So we'll see.

The runners shipped already. Hurray!

Thanks again ladies.

citymama
03-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks to this thread and others, I also just bought our first pair of Pedoodles - the Princess design, from the Pedoodles website with free shipping.

FYI, the Pedoodles site has the first steps shoes down to $20 (free shipping), and Amazon.com has some styles for $15 (plus shipping). Unfortunately the next steps were not on sale so I paid $30, but they look like they will work perfectly!

Radosti
03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I was also looking for the next steps, so ended up finding them on www.elliebaby.com for 30% off, plus shipping, so it was $23.65 shipped for a pair of runners. Hopefully, I'll get them soon.

overcome
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Where did you find the runners on elliebaby? I didn't see them....

Radosti
03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Hmmmmm.... I just looked for them and they are gone. Maybe I bought the last pair??? They were the white and orange runners. Very Strange.

OK.....

Here, try this site:
coupon code for 25% off FRIENDSPRING07
Same runners but in green:
http://www.mylittleducks.com/pedgreenrunner.html
or, you can choose between pedoodles and See Kai Runs:
http://www.mylittleducks.com/shoes.html

Jo..
03-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Did you get the Retro Tennies? They are INSANELY cute.

citymama
03-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Our Pedoodles arrived yesterday and are EXACTLY what DD needs. The shoes are so cute and very well-made.

But is it just us, or do they run pretty small? She just turned 1, and the 12-18 month size "Princess" shoe just about fits her - we have maybe a few more weeks of use. :-( From reading previous posts on this board it sounded like Pedoodles run large/wide (with the exception of the MJs and runners), so I am a bit surprised. DD is not a particularly big kid; her feet are around 4". Anyone else have this problem with Pedoodles sizing too?

elisap4406
03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I just bought my 11 month old two pairs of Stride Rite Pre Walker shoes. I was actually going to by some PediPed sandals, but happened to go into the local Stride Rite and liked what I saw. My daughter isn't walking yet, but I noticed that when she is in her Robeez she stands on her tippy toes when she stands up. I put her in the soft rubber soled sandals, http://www.striderite.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=456&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=30&iSubCat=134&iProductID=456&sColor=93 and I noticed her she kept her foot flat on the ground better. I also bought her these sneakers. I let her toddle around the store while she had both pairs of shoes on to see how she did. http://www.striderite.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=746&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=30&iSubCat=131&iProductID=746&sColor=3

I also thought it would be easier to try flexible rubber soled shoes on her now rather than later as I know a few toddlers about 18 months who are so used to Robeez that they refuse to wear anything else.

Annie
mom to 11 mos. Elisa
Long Beach, CA

Radosti
03-19-2007, 10:52 AM
No, I got the orange runners:
http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/Pedoodles/medium-orange-runnersPedoodles.gif

Although I do think the retro tennies are adorable :)