PDA

View Full Version : XW feet- any options besides SR and New Balance?

clc053103
03-13-2007, 06:50 PM
DS is 20 mo old and wears a 7 1/2 XW. I haven't been crazy about his NB sneakers (they come off very easily) and SR selection is small. I was wondering if anyone else had a DS w/ XW feet and found any other options out there.

I have been able to get "dress" shoes at Payless in Wide that work well (their wide is wider than most) but nothing fun and casual.

I want to get him Crocs for summer- but I am thinking they wouldn't be wide enough either.

Thanks for any input!

graffl
03-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Jumping Jacks has some wide styles for boys. They are available at Nordstroms and a lot of the small shoe stores. My dd has a wide foot and she can wear crocs. Buy Buy Baby had a croc knock offs last summer that were $10 and she was able to wear them in size 8.

Oregonmother
03-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Have you tried See Kai Run's. They run wide, and have very soft leather and flexible soles.

Alys the Cat
03-13-2007, 08:51 PM
My DS wears an XW in Stride Rite, and Crocs fit him just fine, width-wise. They seem to run short to me, tho. He's wearing a 9 in SR, but needed a 10/11 in the Crocs.

KrystalS
03-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Definitely try to See Kai Runs. They run very wide. I ordered some for my DD but they swallowed her normal width foot. Zappos has all the new styles and they have free shipping and free returns so if they don't fit you aren't out any money.

rbsmom
03-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Pedoodles fit my DD great & she has XW feet. I've also found that Carter's run wide too. For play, she mostly wears New Balance & Stride Rite sneakers...

tarahsolazy
03-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Crocs will work fine, I am sure. My son was an XXW at Stride Rite for a year or so, and his Crocs fit well then. Now he's down to an XW or W, and that makes things a little easier.

I am starting to believe the idea that SR measures a lot of kids "wide" to encourage buying their shoes! They are still telling me he needs an XW, and having only ugly light-up white sneakers as an option for him. Yet the W pairs I've been buying from ShoeBuy are fine, Crocs are fine, and he can even wear Keds Scooters this year. A plot, I tell you, a plot. If your son's NB sneaks come off so easily, I'd be suspicious that he really doesn't need them that wide!

Pedoodles and SKR have also worked well for my guy in the past.

Melanie
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
See Kai Run, Naturino Wides.

SAHMommie
03-15-2007, 10:10 PM
See Kai Run shoes ALL THE WAY!

Jumping Jacks would be my 2nd choice.

SAHMommie

mamaecb
03-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Soft Star ... www.softstarshoes.com

They stock wides (and list detailed measurements on their site) or will custom-make shoes for hard-to-fit feet. We *love* them.

Emilie, mama to Henry