PDA

View Full Version : When does your DC wear a vest (down or fleece)?

hudsonam
03-16-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm always looking for a reason to buy clothes for DS, and since I read another mama's post about down vests, I'm thinking DS needs one. ;) That or a fleece one. When does your DC wear a vest? What time of year, and how often? LL Bean has some nice fleece ones pretty cheap, and Lands' End has a down one on sale in his size.

TIA!

trumansmom
03-16-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm so glad you asked, because I always have wondered the same thing. I've gotten Truman a couple over the years, but I never really know when to put them on him.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

hudsonam
03-16-2007, 08:07 AM
I never know when to put them on myself either! LOL! ;)

pampamz
03-16-2007, 08:37 AM
DS has a down one and has been starting to wear it now -- the weather is still kind of March-ish but we've had some spring like days where the snow is beginning to melt and the birds are out (a good sign!).

I put it on if he has a sweatshirt or long-sleeve top w/undershirt on.

He loves wearing it!

kelly ann
03-16-2007, 11:24 AM
DS has a fleece vest and he loves it (although he hated it last year). Anyway, he wears it around the house in chilly weather and sometimes he will wear it to bed over his PJs.

CiderLogan
03-16-2007, 11:32 AM
My DD got a fleece vest for Christmas. She's 3. She wears it outside on mildly chilly days, instead of a light windbreaker. I have a couple and wear them all day on cold days over a light LS shirt.

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

bubbaray
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Fleece, for downhill skiing. I would do down for fall.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

zoestargrove
03-19-2007, 09:27 AM
My 2 sons wear their vests a ton in the spring and fall. They both prefer the fleece ones over the down and I usually have a longsleeve tshirt and sweater underneath. We wear them typically on days that you normally might wear a windbreaker. I think they are little more comfortable and less cumbersome than a jacket especially when you are running around.

hth