PDA

View Full Version : ? about shoe sizing...

mamasoup
03-19-2007, 03:27 PM
When you buy new shoes for your DC do you go up a whole size or a half size from what they are now? Currently my DD has white Mary Jane style leather Keds and they are a 10. Her toe is getting close to the end and I wanted to get her a new pair for Spring/Summer. I was going to get a 10 1/2 but is that much of a difference from a 10? Should I get an 11? Or would they be too huge? I am buying online so can't have her try them on. Just wondered how everyone else does it, buying a half size up or a whole size.

Alicia

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I only go up half size whenever possible. When I have had to jump a whole size (Lands' End, rain boots) I have not been happy with the fit. Way too big.

Beth

debsterchen
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Same here, we've been moving up 1/2 size at a time and with the Keds MJs too. I suppose if you have waited too long to upgrade size, then maybe 1 whole size might work.

-Debbie

mamasoup
03-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks, that is what I thought. Her toe is not touching the end of the shoe now so I think we will be okay just going up a half size.

When your child measures a half size what do you do for a shoe that does not come half? I wanted to get some Lands End sandals this summer and if she is a 10 1/2 do I go with a 10 or an 11? I don't know, I hate to get sandals so big and then have her triping all over the place.

Alicia

debsterchen
03-19-2007, 04:12 PM
My DD is measuring 8.5 now and Size 9 sandals have been too big while Size 8 seems to fit fine. I just bought her a pair of 8s this weekend. I think because sandals are open toe, it's better to go smaller if they will be wearing them immediately since you do not need or want the extra 1/2 inch at the end. That's just my opinion, I tried to be cheap and get bigger size 9s but they looked so awkward, they won't work until at least the end of summer. I think if there is no 1/2 size, the shoes tend to be bigger, like an 8 is really and 8 or 8.5, etc.

-Debbie