PDA

View Full Version : Sizing on Hannas

debsterchen
03-20-2007, 10:29 AM
My DD is the same exact size as yours - 38" and 33 lbs. I have been on a Hanna buying craze of late and I have been buying 100s. Sometimes the item looks a little big but it still fits and looks nice. We have a few 90s from the fall which are all looking kind of small so I'd recommend the 100s esp. for playdresses, leggings, long johns. If there is something in particular you are looking at, please post as I might have bought it and can let you know about sizing post-wash.

-Debbie

chinadaughter
03-20-2007, 11:17 AM
My daughter is also just about the same size and I bought 100s for playdresses and leggins. I will have to say that she has a longer torso, so there was one pair of pants, the multi-stripe ones, which I had to go for a 90.

Julie

firsttimemommy
03-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, I was just on Hanna's site looking for playdresses but of COURSE found a few others I like....

Paper Flowers Sundress
Bright Spots dress
Bandana Print Sundress

DD is long torsoed too - shorter legs, although it seems she is starting to even out more. But for the longest time I had that problem - shirts had to be a size bigger (so they were long enough) than the pants!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"If you could eliminate all defensiveness from your personality, you would not only have the best relationships in town, but in fact, you'd become the most loving and adorable person on the planet

Melanie
03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
For LJs, Dresses & Skirts I would go with the 100. For pants the 90 unless you want to cuff. OR, you could do what I do and get the pants that are designed to cuff to capris, but wear them cuffed as pants to get an extra year.

debsterchen
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Ronda:

Here is a temporary link to a few pics I took of DD & DS in some Hannas. The bandanna dress and a playdress are pictured. These were taken before the items were washed.

edited to remove link

The playdress in 100 is great, I would not get a 90 if I were you. We've already worn it quite a few times and I don't think the dress is too big at all. There is room for growth but it's a good fit. The cropped leggings are a tad loose in the waist but they don't fall down or anything. My DD is also long torsoed, she still wears bigger tops compared to pants. She is still in many 3T pants but they are starting to look a little silly sometimes because they are getting short but 4T is too long.

As for the bandanna dress, I thought it was a little big on DD prewash and we haven't tried it on yet after washing. I still kept the 100 because I figure she won't wear it until summer probably anyway.

-Debbie

MayB
03-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Just FYI, the bandanna dress (both colors) is on back order in both 90 and 100 until 5/27.

firsttimemommy
03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
DD is 38" tall - should I order a 90 or a 100? The cutoff is 38" on both! LOL She weighs 33 lbs so falls in both weight ranges.

so go with the bigger so they'll last longer? I don't want her to be swimming in them though :(

Ronda

"If you could eliminate all defensiveness from your personality, you would not only have the best relationships in town, but in fact, you'd become the most loving and adorable person on the planet

firsttimemommy
03-20-2007, 04:40 PM
thanks Debbie! What cutie pies you have! I didn't realize the playdresses were so long. Very very cute though. I am going to order one Hanna and 1 lands end and compare :)

I will also HAVE to order the paper flowers dress.....too cute.

The bandana one looks precious on your DD - but I noticed it was on backorder and I am too impatient :)

Thanks again for posting the pics - it helped a lot!

Ronda

debsterchen
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Ronda - Thanks! Glad it helped. The playdress shrunk alot in the wash so it's not really that long. It looks much better IRL. I highly recommend you get the matching bike shorts or capris, it really makes the outfit. I've seen the Lands End dresses at Sears, they look great too - soft, cute patterns, etc. although I am currently partial to Hanna because I like the look with the bike shorts/leggings.

Paper flowers dress is darling, I have bought too many dresses already so I held off. I also love the scooter skirts - we just got the Paper Flowers one plus a tank top and it looks great on DD.

As for the bandanna dress, I bet they can locate one at a store for you if you call customer service. If you ask them, they might even put a note in your account for free shipping and have the store ship it for free, esp. since it is not on sale. Customer service did that for me once when I placed a phone order and had to track down 2 items in stores. I paid shipping for the phone order and wanted to avoid paying for 3 shipping charges. Since then I learned to call and make nice with the SAs at the store closest to my house. My store ships me everything for free, I've found that if you ask nicely, they tend to go along with it. Have fun shopping.

-Debbie

Radosti
03-20-2007, 08:21 PM
So, I have never ordered Hanna for DS. Went to look at the sizing today. I was assuming that he's a 90 or almost 100. He's 15 months, but 30 lbs, wears 2T clothing. But I went to look at his height (measured last week at the ped office) and he's 31.5 inches. This puts him in the 80's category???? But he hasn't been 20-27 lbs in ages... I am so confused!!!

jwozy
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I would go with the 80s. Hanna's clothes are very generously sized and they tell you to go with the height first and weight second. My son is 2.5 and 39 inches and about 37 pounds and wears the 100s with plenty of room to grow. My dd is about 36 inches and 31-32 pounds and wears a 90, she can still fit in the 80s and the 90s are a bit big on her but not too bad. Hope that helps.

luv_my_girl
03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi, the height for 100s is actually 38-42. Your DD sounds like the smaller end of 100s. I would buy 100s for playdresses and tops, but would consider sizing down to 90 for pants and skirts if she is skinny (they all run wide).

My DD fit best into her 100s when she was about 40" - they were loose before that but not excessively so.

becca34
03-21-2007, 03:29 PM
My daughter is almost 41 inches, but still only 33-34 pounds, and she definitely needs 100 in the playdress...her winter 90's are looking silly on her, more like a long tunic than a dress, and the sleeves are too short.

But, I am waffling on the capris or bike shorts -- I may still get 90's in those, because the waist still barely stays up on her old 90's, even though they're too short. The length won't matter as much with capris, though....