PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to get free shipping on Hannas?

LaurelC
03-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I have a bunch of stuff in my cart - and that high shipping charge is keeping me from finishing the transaction. Anyone know if there is a way to get free shipping?

Lovingliv
03-21-2007, 09:12 PM
The only way I know, is to order at an outlet....

C99
03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
You can order at a retail store, but the free shipping only works for full-price merchandise.

supercalifragilous
03-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Actually, building on what the PP said....

Yes you can get free shipping by ordering @ a store or outlet. This may be evil, but you have to have one regular-priced item in your order and shipping is free. My store allows me to add sale stuff to the order and shipping is still free b/c of that one regular-price item. I have ended up returning that one regular-price item (honestly, it didn't fit!) after the fact, too.

For all you naysayers - I have ordered Hanna PLENTY of times at regular price so I think they've made their $profit$ from all those instances to give me free shipping ONE time.

applesauce
03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
If there shipping prices were not so obscene people would pay it. I would not feel badly about getting free shipping either.

debsterchen
03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I get free shipping from my local store always, even for sale items. I went in there once or twice, chatted with the SAs and one promised me free shipping always, told me never to order from the catalog or bother making the long drive because they would give me free shipping. Each time after that I just mention that I always get free shipping from [name of SA] and then they give it to me. I have not been able to get free shipping from an outlet though. I think it depends on the SA. And I posted about this before and some people called my store and they didn't give it to them. Oh well.

-Debbie

LaurelC
03-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks ladies! I am going to try to call a store to see if I can get the free shipping. All of the items except for one are full price.

lisabor
03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Is there a special way that you guys ask when you get free shipping from an outlet?

I placed a $170 order a few weeks back and got charged $16 for shipping. What really bumed me out was that I want to return a few items, and now I have to pay again to send them back! So with the addition of shipping ( and return) I'm not sure how great my 'bargin' hunting was :(

I already felt a little sheepish having the woman on the phone runing all over the store getting sale stuff for me, so I guess I just chickened out when I should have pushed for it. Should I expect it? Is there a nice way to ask that works well for you?

Thanks!
Lisa

Melanie
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
It's generally when a store is ordering things they do not have in stock for you via the catalog that you can get free shipping. Not items coming to you from the store. However you will still often find better deals at the store to make up for it!

debsterchen
03-26-2007, 02:29 PM
If anyone knows how to get free shipping at an outlet, please let me know which one. I order from Michigan City sometimes and can never talk them into free shipping. They say they are not allowed to do it. Thanks.

-Debbie