PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Preemie sized booties/sox that won't fall off?

shoppinggal
03-22-2007, 02:53 PM
My daughter is full term but TINY and is wearing preemie and smaller newborn outfits. I really need sox and booties that won't fall off - she keeps kicking everything off! Most of the outfits I have for her don't have built in feet - help!

egoldber
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Good luck. The only thing that worked for me was to put Robeez on over her socks. The Robeez were huge on her, but they stayed on. My DD came home at 5 lbs 8 oz.

trumansmom
03-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Eleanor had tiny feet. She wore a 2 on her first birthday. (Oddly enough her brother wore a 3 at 4 weeks!) The only socks we could keep on at all in the early days were the cheapo Circo fold over socks from Target. Not the triple roll ones, but the ones that came in a plastic wrapped six pack.

Good luck!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Lilysmom06
03-23-2007, 06:56 AM
My DD was small too (6 lbs at birth) and I had to put the socks on over footed PJ's - this kept on the socks, and made the pj's *seem* as though they almost fit her!! Don't worry, before you know it, these outfits will be too small.

Congratulations and good luck!

Kathy

CiderLogan
03-23-2007, 07:19 AM
I had big babies, but I have discovered that Hanna socks are SO worth the hefty price tag (2/$10). If they come in small enough sizes, you might want to give those a try.

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

fivi2
03-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Did you check Babies R us for preemie size socks? My girls were preemies (4 pounders when they came home in the winter) and we never had a problem with socks. I think we had a bunch from BRUS that worked just fine. Also - the gymboree smallest size (either preemie or newborn - I can't remember) runs pretty small (the gap smallest size was HUGE for us).
Maybe I am not remembering correctly (it was a year ago and kind of a blur at this point ;) ) esp since everyone else had the same problem.... But I really think we found socks that worked at BRUS. Ours had a whole preemie sections - footie pajamas, sets with booties, hats, socks etc.
Good Luck! And as the pp said - they grow so quickly you will be past this stage before you know it! Oh - we also did a lot of swaddling, which meant that the socks stayed on because they were all wrapped up!

MissyAg94
03-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Try the booties from TCP in the layette section.

dylansnan
03-24-2007, 04:03 AM
We found this style (found easily at B&M stores) sock worked best when the kiddos were tiny- both came home at just under 5lbs. (they also work great as mittens- stay on much better than those baby-mittens do)

http://www.preemiesrus.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/40/products_id/531

HTH

thing1andt2
03-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Previous poster mentionned Robeez, I had Bobux newborn size for DD, they are SOOO much smaller than Robeez, I loved them!