PDA

View Full Version : I feel a bit silly - Primigi kids shoes

Radosti
03-23-2007, 05:05 PM
So, I was at Olly's shoes today and they had a Last Chance Bin at the register. In it was a pair of Primigi Hutchins boys shoes for $14.99:
http://www.zappos.com/images/727/7270022/1733-313526-d.jpg

But they are a European 28 (US 9.5) size, DS wears a European 22 (US 6.5) right now. I kept looking at them and then decided that EVENTUALLY my son would wear them and I couldn't let a deal like that pass me by especially since I buy clothing far ahead too.

I looked so ridiculous buying a size like that for my little dude. But I just looked them up and they are $82.95 on Zappos.com:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/17074346.html

I would never spend $82.95 for a pair of shoes my son would wear for a maximum of 6-7 months. Who in the world spends that kind of money on such short lived shoes??? People do though as it's a wonderful brand. But I was really happy to have a pair of Primigis for DS. They also had two pairs of leather sandals by Primigi (Teva-like style), but they were even bigger, so I didn't buy them.

nicknack
03-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Well, my MIL gets them for my son, so someone does!

I wouldn't be able to afford it, but I LOVE the European styling, cannot stand the sneaks that light up and all of that, so these are my style. Brooks is actually wearing these this winter and they're great, so good purchase!

Radosti
03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks!!! You made me feel better. I love them, but felt weird as you could probably line up both his feet and they would fit into one of the shoes. But they are so cute!!!

becca34
03-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't think I could pass up $14.99 for a pair of $80 shoes, either! And they do look really nice...

Just to give you an idea -- my daughter turned 3 a couple months ago, and is just wearing a size 9.5 now...so you may have to wait a couple years, LOL, but eventually he'll wear them! :-)

Radosti
03-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured... but I have clothing for him in sizes 3, 4, and 5... he's wearing 2T now...

lenad
03-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Primigis are great shoes, and that's an amazing price. And this pair looks like you could wear it across different seasons. So I think you've done very well. (Besides, even if he doesn't you'd be able to sell them for more than you paid for them.)

AddiesMom
03-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't worry a lot of us do this! I have a pair of Lilly Pulitzer jeans for DD that I bought for about $12 on clearance. They should fit about this time next year, I bought them this time LAST year when I went home to NJ.

BTW- do all of the Olly Shoe stores have clearance bins? I am headed home to So. NJ soon where they have a few stores.

Radosti
03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Apparently not. I was visiting my parents today in Cherry Hill (I live in PA), I went into the Cherry Hill store and they had nothing... I think it's because that store is so new??? The one by me had that pair of Primigis and two pairs of Primigi sandals. The sandals were even bigger, so I left them there.

kozachka
03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I would have snatched them too, Rada. DS has had couple pairs of Primigi shoes as an early toddler courtesy of eBay and we loved them. It was easier to get European shoes cheap new on eBay when DS feet were small. Even though his feet are still small (7.5 at 3 years 3 months) I have more trouble finding cute shoes cheap :(. Oh well, at least he wears them for a long time now. He wore the same boots two winters in a row, which I did not expect at all, so stocked up on some Ecco boots.