PDA

View Full Version : Are see Kai Runs appropriate for a 2.5 year old?

applesauce
03-25-2007, 06:27 AM
I really like one of their sandals and my daughter is just a size 7, but she is not a new walker at all. Could she wear them or will they be too flimsy for her running around. TIA

hardysmom
03-25-2007, 11:13 AM
My just-turned 3 yr old has sensory issues and I finally got her to put on a pair, which, amazingly, she loves. She is a 9, with room to grow.

I think they are fine for most 2.5 yr old activities, but they certainly aren't as sturdy as a pair of sneakers or thick mary janes. I mean, I probably wouldn't make them every-day, rough-and-tumble school shoes, but for errands or a trip to the mall, even with a stop at the playground, they are great.

stephanie

SAHMommie
03-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, I love SKRs and my 3.5 yr old would still be wearing them if they came in bigger sizes. They arent too flimsy at all. The only draw back I could see is that the leather is so soft it could get a little worn looking faster than some (if she is rough on shoes).

SAHMommie

sweetpea
03-25-2007, 09:15 PM
My 26mo dd wears SKR shoes and she is a size 7 with just a teeny smidge to grow. SKR has always been my favorite shoe for her boxy little feet, and I haven't found another brand that fits her as comfortably. I think they are perfect for everyday outings and walking around - but I would like to find her something more durable and structured for the playground.

Sangiovese
03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I think that the soles are pretty thick - not thin like the Preschoolians.

My DD who is 28 months still is wearing them, and I plan to buy them until she outgrows them. I think that they are great (cute, flexible, and easy to put on and off), and the price is right (not like the 40 something SR at the local store).

stefani
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
My DS is 3.5 years old, and still wearing SKR. I have not found anything that I love as much so far. The leather is very soft, and like what SAHMommie wrote, it can look worn out faster than others.

DS has been wearing them everywhere and anywhere.

Tondi G
03-27-2007, 03:55 PM
MY DS is turning two in May and we LOVE our SKR shoes. He was still wearing his practically outgrown ratty looking size 5 sandals from last year until I could find him a new pair locally! He is wearing a size 7 with room to grow! I think considering the abuse those shoes took they held up remarkably well!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

snowangel
03-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh yes they are fine for a 2.5 year old! I just ordered yet another pair for my DD who just turned 2. She LOOOOVES her SKRs. I seriously considered ordering Bear Feet for her instead, but ultimately decided on the SKRs again. They are just the softest best shoe out there.
I don't know what I will do when she outgrows them :(

BTW girls www.poshbaby.com still has some winter SKRs on sale for $22! She has the light blue with the dots in size 9 and some navy blue ones in size 8...don't remember the name. A STEAL though if anyone wants to buy ahead for fall!