PDA

View Full Version : Need Shoe Recommendation....toddler is only wearing Ecco's and I need something new

lmwbasye
03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey All!

DS is nearly 2 1/2 years old. He was a late walker (19 months) and I kept him in no shoes and/or soft-soled shoes for the longest time. For awhile, he did wear 2 pairs of Stride Rites, but has mostly been wearing Eccos that I got on sale at HA.

Well, spring and summer are nearing and shorts season is upon us. DS's new school will not allow sandals at all, and his Eccos are more like boots, so looks ridiculous with shorts. We went to SR to get some tennis shoes and he screamed the whole time saying he wouldn't wear them and they hurt. We ended up not buying any.

Today, he had on shorts and we pulled out some sandals from LL Bean for him to wear and he screamed the whole time that they hurt.

I'm beside myself as I don't know what I"m going to do. I honestly don't see paying $50+ for a pair of Ecco sneakers. He is two, so I don't know if they really hurt, or just he doesn't like them because they're different.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there something you could recommend? I'm about to toss him in some Stride Rites and just make him scream it out (I don't think they can really be hurting him?)

BTW...we did have him measured, so we are looking at shoes that are the right size.

TIA!

Piglet
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Are our kids related? I just posted the same thing a few days ago!! I can't buy Eccos in Canada, but DS2 complains about any other shoe we have tried :( If I find a pair that works, I will let you know!

nfowife
03-25-2007, 09:04 PM
What size is he? We've had eccos in the past and right now DD is wearing pedoodles runners. I really love them and so does she. They've held up GREAT to 5+ months of daily wear (mother's day out, playground, etc.). I'd definitely recommend them, they are super flexible, the leather wipes clean so they stay nice looking, and we've gotten a ton of compliments on them. I'm about to buy the next size up for this summer!

elliput
03-25-2007, 09:26 PM
I know this is a girl's version, but I just picked up this style for my DD last week http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7321731/c/102010.html , and I know I saw a boy version at the store. I am impressed with the flexible sole and wide toe box construction.

lmwbasye
03-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Margaret,

I forgot about Pedoodles. DS used to have a pair and they are nice and flexible, so I may try another pair of those.