PDA

View Full Version : Warm Pajamas for a Big Baby

Kindra178
03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I have a tough time with pajamas for my big nine month old. He doesn't seem to fit well in blanket sleepers. We outgrew our sleep sacks and this winter I found some two piece fleecey pajamas from Gap. I would be happy to go back to sleep sacks. Does anyone use them on bigger kids that are crawling and standing? I don't mind keeping him in the fleece ones because our house is cool. Any other options would be great.

MommyAllison
03-26-2007, 03:21 PM
We never did like using sleep sacks since we co-sleep and DD got too warm in them, but I know that other mamas here kept their DC in them until beyond walking. I think as long as they fit, you could use them til PTing. I remember the mamas saying that their DC could walk in the sleepsacks, it just looked like a mermaid or something. :) Some also put them on backwards (so they zipped up the back) to prevent their DC from getting their diapers off in the crib. HTH!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

mommytoC
03-26-2007, 10:23 PM
We love sleepsacks for our 16 month old DD; we've used them continuously (fleece in the winter, and cotton in the summer) since almost day 1.
She wears cotton PJs (HA zippers) underneath, and has no trouble standing (or walking!) with her sleepsack on in her crib.

Ann
DD 11/05

daniele_ut
03-27-2007, 07:20 AM
DS is 2.5 and we still use sleepsacks sometimes. We used them full time until a couple of months ago.

pastrygirl
03-27-2007, 07:37 AM
My 9-month-old is big, too, and I've found that The Children's Place (both fleece and cotton) footed sleepers fit him really well. I haven't liked any other brands. He's in the 24-month size at TCP. I also still have him in a Halo sleep sack (size L or XL, can't remember), and he crawls/sits up fine in it. He's not standing yet, but I don't think it will be problem for him. I plan to use the sleep sacks year-round since we have A/C in the summer.

Also, Halo makes a toddler sleep sack that has holes for feet. They can pull their feet into the sack, too.