PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Jeans size 5/6

hbridge
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi Ladies,
My DD is three and very tall. I am currently on a desperate search for some jeans for her. We have two pair of Boden (size5/6) that fit her great and we both love, however, at $38+ a pair I'm having a hard time with the quality. Both pairs we have are starting to develop holes after only 4 months. Anyway, I just tried the Gap and they are too low rise for my three year old. I so wish we still fit into 5T, in anything. She is too young to wear the styles that I'm finding.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Sangiovese
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Have you looked at Levi's? My DD wore them last year, 6 and 6x, from Kohl's. I don't remember them having a low rise. I think that they have 5's, too.

mapg
03-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Have you checked Penney's, another place might be Lands End. Both have pants with elastic in the waist. Good luck.

momathome
03-30-2007, 07:02 AM
I have been pleasantly surprised by The Children's PLace jeans this year. Kasey wears a size 5 jean and these have been our favorite. Gap jeans have worked well, too. Good luck!

mnosky1
03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
In size 4 (not 4T) the Levis jeans we have are definitely low rise. The gap ones are actually better but I would assume Levi has several styles (these are both similar, one from Kohls and one from target).
I hate the size 4 and up girls clothes - there seems to be no way to get cheap playclothes without looking like a stripper. :)
At least now I HAVE to shop at Talbots and HA.
Michelle

hbridge
04-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi,
Thank you all for your help. The children's place is a possibility, but the Gap is definitely not since they do not come to the waist.

Michelle, I agree! My three year old is the one in a size 7 top, I don't know what to do anymore. Even Talbots has not been very good since I've had to return every shirt I've bought there because they shrink SO much.

How do HA pants run? Since they don't have adjustable waist and we don't have a store in the state (yet), I haven't tried them yet.

What are manufacturers thinking... I'm not picky, I just want basic, sit at the waist jeans in size 6 that have a prayer of covering my DD's diaper (or full coverage panties, hopefully soon).

Soon the poor child will have nothing to wear...

Heather

Sangiovese
04-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Another thing that you might want to try is boys' jeans. I bought some last fall for DD at The Children's Place - full coverage and relaxed styles. I forgot to mention that.

I would check LE, too. Their styles generally seem more conservative.

muskiesusan
04-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I was just going to post the same question! DS1 refuses to wear any pants with buttons or zippers and we need jeans! TCP used to be my source, but they no longer make all elastic jeans. Ugh.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

trumansmom
04-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Susan - We loved those TCP jeans! But LE Climber pants are great. Also, I just saw some elastic waist jeans in the little boys section of Target.

Good luck!
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

mapg
04-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Talbots makea a boys jean that has an all elastic waist. Look under pants in the kids section for pull on cotton pants.

luv_my_girl
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd skip TCP and head directly to Lands End. The LE pants and jeans are elastic waist, which your DD will need once she is potty trained. The TCP pants run long and narrow (which might fit really well) but seem to often have snaps and clasps and zippers which are hard for a 3-year old.

muskiesusan
04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
The Target jeans have never fit Nick well, which is a shame since the price is right. I just ordered some more khaki LE pants, but he won't wear the denim version even though he really wants jeans. Can you tell he is really picky about what he wears? I won't even go into his shirt issues, lol.

Why did TCP upset our jean utopia?

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04