PDA

View Full Version : Beach vacation attire

ppshah
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
We are going on our first beach vacation. I'm wondering if I should just buy several sets of swimming trunks and rash shirts. I imagine, DS will be playing in the sand, getting wet, playing some more and going to the pool etc.I am supposed to change him in and out of regular clothes and swimming clothes?

We are south asian so getting a sun burn is unlikely, plus we will use sunscreen. Is there a tremondous difference between the $10 swimweat at old navy and $25 at lands end?

hudsonam
03-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Growing up and living in NJ (going "down the shore!" ;-)), I'd say there's no difference in their products, other than maybe quality (if that), but not sun protection (I could be wrong though). Have fun!!!

sadie427
03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't imagine there would be a difference. BTW we were just at target and they had several sets of rash guards and swim trunks for good prices.

BeachBum
03-31-2007, 05:37 AM
I think having several sets would make things easier for you guys. They will dry quickly, but if you are napping in between beach times they may not dry that fast.

lizajane
03-31-2007, 12:15 PM
i am a self proclaimed beach expert!! lol!! i think you are right on track. you defnitely need more than one suit. we did just fine with 2 or 3 for the bigger kid and 3-4 with the litte kid. (little kid gets dirtier, bigger kid gets wetter... wet is easier to deal with because it just dries on the line.) don't forget some target swim dipes if you still need them. love 'em and only a few bucks. don't waste money on the sposie ones at the beach especially. i imagine your day will go something like this-

wake and eat breakfast in jammies.
put on bathing suit and tee, go for early morning shell hunt/walk
head back inside to gather troops for beach time
swim and get filthy
take outdoor shower, hand suit and tee to dry
head inside for rest time/lunch
put on tee, maybe sweatshorts
rest, read books, watch movie, take nap
get up and put on another bathing suit and tee
hit the beach for more swimming, shell collecting, castle building
come up to deck for late afternoon pre-dinner snack wearing wet suit
change into jammies after shower for dinner
bedtime after dinner OR walk on beach in jammies or another sweat short and tee outfit
bedtime