PDA

View Full Version : Elastic waist pants in size 5?

mnosky1
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know of bigger girls pants in a size 5 (maybe 4)with an elastic wasit. Something along the lines of jeans or khakis or capris. DD gets so frustrated if she can't do her pants herself that she refuses to wear anything with buttons/snaps to daycare. Even a 1/2 elastic waist would work fine. TIA!
Michelle

kaitlinsmommy
03-31-2007, 10:51 PM
DD got jeans this winter in 4T (they also had 5T) at Target. I think they were Levis, but I don't know if they still have them. But I got her the CUTEST capris at Kohl's in a 5 with an elastic waist. The brand was Health Tex & they were very reasonable and are cotton poplin (3 different patterns). I love them!

I'm pretty sure Baby Gap also has elastic waists.

Actually, they are adjustable waist. Sorry - it's late & I wasn't paying attention.

jess_g
04-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Try lands end too. They have some girls climber pants that would work.
We love the boys version and the girls version looks just as sturdy.

Jessica.

madelinesmom
04-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Someone tipped here tipped me off to the Kohl's Sonoma Jeans... Here is the link, they are actually capri, but they are elastic and adorable on, it doesn't hurt that they are only $6... Sorry... I just went back and looked they don't come larger than a 4T...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

egoldber
04-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I feel your pain. My 5 year old wears size 6 and it is getting harder and harder to find pants with elastic or at least half elastic.

LE has jeans with half elastic waist up to size 8.

Hanna has several (pricey) choices with half elastic.

She still wears a ton of leggings.

mnosky1
04-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks - I am having a hard time finding stuff still especially with winter weather continuing here in PA. I still haven't gotten around to checking out Lands End but our Sears LE store is always mostly empty and I like to see them in person. I found pair of Kahkis at Old Navy in a 5 (also had in 4T and 5T in similar style) and a pair of Levi Denim capris at Walmart with 1/2 elastic. You' think some brands would realize that with newly potty trained kids, they need elastic wasit and really elastic is so much comfier.
Michelle

egoldber
04-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Talbot Kids has some too I noticed.

trumansmom
04-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Naartjie has lots of elastic waist pants.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kimbe
04-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I have gotten size 4T full elastic waisted pants at JC Penney's too. They are pretty cheap and the wash and wear very well. I've gotten summer capris and shorts (she wore them last summer and is still wearing some of them!) I have also gotten corduroy pants. I have seen jeans and khakis though. If they don't have the style you want in girls, check boys. (The boys fit is much roomier than the girls!) Not sure if they have 5, but I have 4Ts in my stash right now!

hbridge
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I just got DD some jeans for $17 at Talbots Kids in size 5. They are half elastic with a snap and zipper. Of course, today they went 25% off so she needed another pair!