PDA

View Full Version : Does your dd wear socks with leggings (and dresses)?

lenad
04-02-2007, 01:46 PM
My dd is 2.5 yrs and has just started to like dresses. I had dresses for her for the last summer, but for the cold seasons we went with pants almost exclusively. I don't have problems finding dresses I like (waaaay too many out there), but I don't quite know what to do w/ dd's legs when the weather is still on the coldish side.

I love babylegs, but at $12 a pop they are a bit too expensive to justify getting a bunch (the piling doesn't matter when they are under the pants, but when you can see them ...). Tights are a pain. Leggings seem like a good compromise, but then do you put socks on with them? Ditto for capris? And which leggings would you recommend (beside HA)? I don't want them loose, I would like them to look like footless tights, essentially.

I guess I am just trying to find an economical solution, as I can foresee an exploding number of dress-leggings-socks combos.

trumansmom
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
DD usually wears socks with leggings and capris, but if the weather is borderline, she doesn't.

She also wears LOTS of footless tights, and we put socks with those as well.

Most of her leggings are from HA. However, we've also been happy with the ones from Gymboree (Whenever they have a sale and I can find solid colors, I really stock up!), Old Navy, Lands End, etc.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

C99
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
My DD is not quite 2 and has been wearing dresses all winter long. She loves dresses!

She wears either playdress-style knit dresses with leggings (and socks) or poplin/corduroy/dressier dresses w/ tights. When it's warm, she wears dresses w/ socks and shoes. Over the summer, she'll wear dresses w/ sandals (no socks).

Eloise36
04-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Lands End Overstock has some leggings on sale right now: $9.99 for sizes 2T-4T and $4.99 for sizes 5/6/6X

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SolidLeggings-56566_140255_1186.html?CM_MERCH=SPLT_17276&sid=0718159145895176872

lenad
04-04-2007, 03:09 AM
Thanks for replies and suggestions. Those are exactly leggings I have been looking for.