PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else has trouble getting Merrell Jungle Mocs on their DC?

kozachka
04-02-2007, 01:48 PM
DS is on the verge of growing out of his Geox sneakers (size 6, wonder how he still fits into them as he's measuring 7.5) and into his size 8 Merrell Jungle Mocs. In fact, I put them on him this past week-end but decided not to send him to daycare in them due to the amount of time and effort it took me to get them on DS. The first shoe went on kind of OK but the second one was a major struggle to get on, I even had to get my jacket off that's how hot I was getting :(. Makes me wonder whether I am doing something wrong. So the question is how do you get these kind of shoes on? DS is quite a bit shorter than the shoe sole.

hardysmom
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
We had a terrible time with them with all of my kids. I guess some kids are more cooperative or something. I could tell the size was fine, but I couldn't get my kids' heels in.

stephanie

tarynsmum
04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
omg, they are TERRIBLE! DD would wear hers a lot more often if they would get on her feet! She's usually very cooperative too - it's definitely the shoes.

teddy
04-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I had such a terrible time with DS that I just returned them. Not worth the struggle, especially with winter coats, etc...

egoldber
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Interesting. My DD has no trouble at all with hers. I do think they run a little small in the childrens sizes.

squimp
04-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I thought they ran narrow, maybe that's the problem?

jvs195
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
DS can't wear them or anything without some other method of opening up the top-high instep I think, but also I think he doesn't help put his foot in. Also found the Merrell Mocs very stiff and unyielding. We just stick with velcro closures.

babybunny
04-04-2007, 07:35 AM
My DS started the winter with a size 8 in the Jungle Mocs and now he is wearing a size 8.5 in the Jungle Mocs. They seem to be true to size compared to other shoes, boots and sneakers he has. He does have narrow feet. HE LOVES THEM. If I don't want him to wear them, I have to hide them. His "blue shoes" are his favorite. Go figure. He also likes the Keen sandals, so we are moving into those (with socks for now). It's a fight to put sneakers on him now. Ugh.