PDA

View Full Version : A Hanna question I should know the answer to...

Karenn
04-10-2007, 12:41 AM
I read about a lot of you calling the outlets to get deals. How does that work exactly and why is it better than ordering online? Will the outlet still ship it to you?

I want long johns for my kids. I saw the thread about $14(?) ones at the outlets. Am I too late for that? We have an outlet about an hour away but I don't get that way very often. Would I have to know the inventory/color choices really well if I were trying to pick outfits over the phone like that, or else not be terribly picky?

TIA,

squimp
04-10-2007, 02:02 AM
Here's what I have done. Put together a list of the few items that you are interested in, to start. Call Hanna CS with the item numbers, sizes and colors. They will tell you which outlets are likely to have those items, based on inventory. Call that outlet and see what they have. If they're not too busy, they can tell you sizes, colors, prints. They'll probably charge approximately the same costs as the website or stores.

Good luck!

MayB
04-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Unless I'm looking for a particular item (color, pattern, style), I call the outlet directly and ask them if they have any good deals or to tell me what they have on the deep clearance racks. You just need to have an idea of what sizes and items (long johns, tops, bottoms, dresses, etc.) you're looking for. I always thank them for their time and ask if this is a good time for my call. Some will ask if they can call you back or say it's not a good time but for the most part, they're very helpful. I've found the Michigan City and Albertville outlets to be the most friendly (maybe it's a midwestern thing).

The deals CAN be better than ordering online. It depends what you're looking for and when you call. At times the outlets will discount items an additional 50% off online prices. The outlets will ship to you at the same rates as the catalog. If you live an hour away, they will also process your order and hold if for you to come in and pick it up.

I would definitely call about the long johns. If you know what size you need, they will pull what they have and let you know what patterns you have to choose from.

Another good thing to know, the outlets will hold items for you for 48 hours so you can take some time to think about what you want and not have buyers regret. I purchase almost all of my Hannas from the outlets at considerable savings from the catalog or online and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

karin4
04-10-2007, 06:04 PM
>I want long johns for my kids. I saw the thread about $14(?)
>ones at the outlets. Am I too late for that?

I was at the Lake Oswego outlet today, and all the holiday long johns were $10. A lot of other styles were $14. They had tons of the holiday ones in size 100 and below, and then in the larger sizes (130 or 140, maybe, and on up), but none at all in 110 or 120. They did have those sizes in the other styles, though.

Another great buy was the boy's deck pants, which we *love*; the pear and mandarin colors were just $12. Lots of sizes.

They weren't super busy, so they might be able to shop for you. HTH!

debsterchen
04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the tip, no boys deck pants in 80 but they had a pair of swim shorts in 80 (30753) for $11 and sweatshorts in navy in 80 (30623) for $7. I also got some holiday long johns for part of a few Christmas gifts.

-Debbie