PDA

View Full Version : Did I get the right size of Hanna for dd?? Help!

jacksmomtobe
04-13-2007, 06:30 PM
I just got my order of Hanna spring/summer stuff and am wondering if I got the right size for DD. I got her a size 80 in evertyhing. She is very long (90th percentile) and most of the stuff seems ok length wise but I'm wondering if by summer it will fit width wise. I got her
*the bright spot baby romper in pink
*ruffle capris
*petite floral capris
*floral ruffle sunshirt
*smock top in pink

I'm ok with the pants because if they are long (which I'm guessing they won't be by summer) they just look like non capris pants but wondering about the tops and rompers. I got another romper off of Ebay in EUC and it seems like it would fit her now (being baggy though) and it's size 80. Do you think with some washing and by the time summer rolls around these items will fit? I know some Hanna stuff varies a bit. I would appreciate any insight so I can figure out whether I should keep everything or return some stuff.

Thanks!!

C99
04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Are you concerned because you think you should have gotten size 70 or size 90? I am not sure that I understand the question. I can assure that you my DD, who is 35", is wearing almost all 80s this summer. The 90s are just huge still. The only exception to this is PD/DD sets, which tend to run short and wide. I bought her 80s for this summer as well and she may grow out of the playdresses, but I think everything else should hold her.

Eloise36
04-14-2007, 07:04 AM
The 80s should fit your DD this summer. My DD is in the 75th percentile for height. The PD/DDs fit right now, but the other dresses and rompers are still too long for her. All the tops fit her well now though because she has a long torso.

jacksmomtobe
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I really didn't think the 70s or 90s would be right but I'm wondering if the 80s tops will fit her by summer. She's currently wearing Gymboree 12-18mo and Mini Boden 12-18 (though some of those are long ie the tops aren't 3/4 length but full length) in bottoms and seems ok in short tops. The hannas just seem so boxy that I'm wondering if it's likely she'll fill them out more by summer. She's almost 9 mo old orig was in the 95th percentile for height and weight but is now a bit leaner.

Thanks!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
04-15-2007, 08:07 PM
My DD seems to be right there with yours. I just got her 80s in a few things and some seem really big. Her zippers need to be rolled, but I think a few washes will help that. I would stick with the 80s. We have quite a few things in 70s here, but they are getting too short. Her 70s zipper fits perfectly so as soon as she grows a bit more, it will start to look funny. I bet by the middle of the summer the 80s will fit perfectly.

BeachBum
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a son, who is 34" at last check. He has a few things from gymbo that are 24mo but I would buy 2T if I was buying today. No way would he fit in 18 mo.

He is comfortably in hanna 80s. 90s would be too big.

I bought a few 80s for him last summer and had to save them for this year.

I think 80s are too big for your DD going off of my experience. But I am not familiar with the specific items. The good news is that you can keep the tags on and send the items back in a few months if your DD doesn't grow into them.
I think you can expect your child's growth to level off/slow down around 10 mo/1yr.
HTH

luv_my_girl
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
My daughter was comfortably in size 70 when she wore Gymbo 12-18 (about 30-31" tall). She was in 80s when she wore 18-24 and seomtimes 2T on top (about 32-35" tall).

I just moved her to size 90 when she reached 35". In Gymbo, she is a solid 2T now and I expect that size 90 will fit her comfortably for another year, when she is size 3 as well.