PDA

View Full Version : Pants even more durable than Hanna for active crawler?

smiles33
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
My 11 month old DD, who has recently mastered crawling, is coming home from her daycare center with her pants looking like they need to be tossed! And ironically, it's not the knees that look bad but the seams on her pants that are coming loose from being rubbed too hard. I'm not sure if it's because they have her playing in the sandbox outside or if it's just because she's crawling everywhere.

The first time I noticed it was when I had her in a pair of Baby Gap pants and the seams on the ankle hem of each leg were noticeably messed up with fuzzy lines of thread dangling off from the seam. Picture thread that has been rubbed so much it now looks like yarn.

I figured it was Gap quality (which I haven't been impressed by) but then after I put her in Hanna wiggle pants, the exposed flatlock seams on the butt and down the sides of each leg have been rubbed "loose" and are really fuzzy, too.

The pants look really bad, but I figure I can cut off the dangling fuzzy yarn threads. It's just that at this rate, none of her pants will survive very long.

Any advice other than putting her in cheap pants that I can toss once the threads are rubbed gone?

daisymommy
04-15-2007, 07:17 AM
My advice would be to buy pants that don't have flat-locked seams like Hanna does, where the threads can get like that. Buy something where the seams are internall.
I personally wouldn't send her to daycare in Hannas...but that's just cause I protect my daughter's Hannas like gold! :)

Radosti
04-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I got DS climber pants from Lands End and they held up beautifully through that stage.

smiles33
04-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Funny, my reply never posted!

Thanks to you both. FWIW, I inherited a lot of Hannas from my cousin's kids so I don't mind sending DD to daycare in them. I also buy used off eBay, so I never pay full-price.

Anyhow, I found Hanna's soft landings pants (the one for boys) at the store and they have reinforced knees and seem sturdy so I'm going to try to find some on eBay. The Land's End climber pants look a little too boyish for my girl (who already has super short hair so I don't want to dress her in boy clothes).