PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hannas For Little Ones

04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I went to the newish Hanna at Topanga Canyon during their additional 20% off sale, and I hate to admit it but I think I'm addicted. the colors are bright, the cottons are thick, and they truly do seem to repel stains (sometimes I think my boy rolls in the dirt and finger paints with his food at daycare).

My DS is 16 months and an 80. As much as I wish otherwise, he looks better in the boys styles--except for the beach overalls which he would wear everyday if DH would let me.

DD is 3 months and can't even fit into 50s yet (she's small)so I'm really shopping for the future with her.

What are you must have Hannahs for little ones? What can't be replaced by knockoffs? (bought DS TCP knockoffs of bold stripe romper last summer which he ruined rather quickly--but at $5 a piece I'd do it again)What is a waste of money?

Finally, a question about sales. Is it usually better to try old codes for out-of-season wear or is it better to wait for the outlets? I have a Christmas dress in mind for DD--unfortunately I don't have the code with me but its pink and currently 28 dollars--and I don't know whether to get it now or wait.

Thank you so much,

Christine W

C99
04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Zippers and LJs are good bets. I like the PD/DDs for girls. IME, anything that is a cotton knit is a good bet from Hanna. I have not been as enthused with their poplins as I have been with their knits, but again, it depends on the item. My DS loves their drawstring-elastic pants and has had one in every size from 90-110 (so far).

niecie
04-18-2007, 08:01 PM
The deck pants are adorable for boys and I love the rompers for girls(although I have been having sizing issues with the rompers-70 is too small and 80 is way too big. I love putting pants with the dresses, I think it looks adorable(I'm not a big fan of the playdress/daydress but generally buy the other knit dresses). I love me some Hanna!!!! I would wait for the Christmas dress, write down the number and buy it cheaper later this summer!

Lovingliv
04-19-2007, 10:50 AM
HI Christine,,,nak

links not working for me...but is the dress the corduroy pink one with the flowers on the bottom? If it is, i got it for $12.00 at the outlet in Kittery! HTH

04-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Yes, thank you. I know that it will suit her coloring better than the traditional Christmas colors, and I love its simple elegance.

When is the best time to inquire at the outlets about winter items?

Thank you again,

Christine W

stefani
04-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Hands down, my favorite is the fleece / quiltie knit jackets:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/Style.asp?from=SC|5|1|156|213|6||&simg=31760_A39&mwc=A39

http://tinyurl.com/23srxg

This is the latest one. DS has the By The Sea jacket in red, and it is simply my favorite (and DH, too). The hood just frames his face so well. I have gotten lots of (favorable) comments on it. It is too bad that DS is wearing 90, which is the largest size.

I am considering the Survivor jacket now, but I wish they make those "baby" jackets in larger sizes.

Lovingliv
04-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Christine, I would call now as I got this dress in February!

Good luck!