PDA

View Full Version : Can't find cloth training pants in B&M store?

Canna
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I thought the Gerber brand were supposed to be easy to find, but I hit Walmart and TRU this morning with no success. DD does not love store-hopping so we threw in the towel rather than continuing the hunt. I swear our Walmart used to carry the Gerber brand of cheap prefolds too and I couldn't find those in the store either!

aim
04-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I foudn them at target the other day - hope it helps

BeachBum
04-18-2007, 02:31 PM
My target didn't have them FWIW.

caleymama
04-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I've seen them at both Target and Walmart recently. They've been with the Gerber baby items as opposed to with the toddler underwear (at both stores). I just checked kidsurplus.com and they have white, girl prints, and boy prints if you don't have any luck at B&M stores.

ETA: kidsurplus has Gerber prefolds too! (I searched for Gerber cloth diapers and came back with several different kinds)

Canna
04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I hit the training pants jackpot at my Target which actually had a slew of them in stock. I just bought one pack so I could try them on DD and check the fit, etc. but I think I may go back for more in the next day or so! They had training pants in pink, blue, and plain white. Also they had the plastic-outside pants in 2-packs. I was about to pick one of those up, but decided instead to try the Wee Wave swim diapers that are currently on sale for $5/pair (not really much more per-pair than the kinda-icky plastic pants which were $7/two pairs). They look very similar to I-Play training pants and they have very soft, micro-fibery outsides and terry cloth on the inside. I got some in hot pink and plain white. We used these as swim diapers last year and I'll be interested to see if they can double as training pants this year.

squimp
04-19-2007, 01:26 PM
I found ours at KMart.

MarisaSF
04-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Just FYI - pee leaks through the Wee Wave swim diapers, but stays in the Gerber Trainers (the plastic-outside pants you saw).

I currently put the Gerber Trainers on DD over panties for certain outings. For whatever reason, she won't wear the soft Gerber training panties; she much prefers regular toddler underwear.

ETA: We got ours at Target too.

Canna
04-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Actually, we have been trying the Wee Wave diapers (for PT) and have been really happy with them! DD has wet in them twice, and there has been no mess. It's been absorbed by the swim diapers. Now, she just had the swim diapers on under a dress. The outside of the swim diaper does get damp - you're right it's not completely waterproof. So I guess if she had been wearing pants or sitting on the sofa there might have been a little mess from pee. But we had no pee on the floor in either of the two cases. And I actually liked the damp outside of the Wee Wave diaper as it was very easy to check to see that she had peed. I'm actually considering going out to hunt for some more in size XL while they're on sale today!