PDA

View Full Version : Long, thin boy clothes

JoyNChrist
04-18-2007, 05:55 PM
DS is growing out of all the newborn stuff I bought him, so it's time to go shopping (yay!). But I'm having trouble finding stuff that fits. He's not very chunky, but he's quite long. Example - TCP stretchies in 0-3 fit him great in the chest and stomach area, but they aren't long enough (and his feet are squished in them - his feet are ridiculously huge for a newborn). It seems that most of the 0-3 and 3-6 mo stuff from Zutano and other places I've tried are wider than they are long...so he's swimming in the clothes that are long enough for him.

I hate having to buy all separates (I prefer one-piece outfits for this age), but I'm starting to think that's what I'm going to be stuck with. Any suggestions? Oh, and does anybody make footed sleepers with big feet?

TIA!

ljackson
04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I find that one-pieces from Old Navy run fairly long and thin, but I don't know if the feet would be big enough. It's probably worth a try though.

Bean606
04-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Great question - we have the same problem with DS. He is 10 months old, and the 6-9 month pants still fit him in the waist, but are too short, and the 12 months pants are all too big in the waist - I have resorted to overalls. When he was little, we would just put him in onesies and pants and small socks, because we couldn't find one pieces that fit him properly. At some point, I just put him in pajamas that were a little too big for him so they would be long enough. Good luck!

table4three
04-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Welcome to my world! ;) I have a tall and skinny boy as well.

Early on, I did sleepers, generally Carter's early on and usually we wore them a little big to accomodate his feet, etc. Summer was great beacuse we could just put him in rompers and since it was shorts, length wasn't much of a concern. Then we moved to separates and it was nice to be able to get different sizes, etc. We moved out of footed sleepers to Hanna which made the foot issue better - just have to keep socks on him.

It gets better at 2T with the adjustable waist! LOVE IT! Hang in there! :)

http://b3.lilypie.com/n20Cm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev230pp___.png[/img][/url]

DrSally
04-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I found Carters to be long enough as well (DS is 95th for height, but 50-60th for weight). You can get them a little larger if you need to. Also, the feet are always too big for DS as he's always been in larger sizes for his height, but his feet aren't big. Land's end is really wide and shorter, so DS has all this extra material poofing out in those sleepers.

JoyNChrist
04-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks ladies! I bought a few Carter's suits that are gloriously long, and the feet are even big enough! I also bought some TCP rompers, and I'm thinking of placing a Hanna order soon (although I hate to develop a new addiction...oh well).