PDA

View Full Version : Umi v. Stride Rite

kellij
04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi. I'm about to order my DS some sandals for the summer with the 10 off at shoebuy.com. I found some that I like that are umis and some that are stride rites. We've had the SRs, but not the umis. I'm wondering, for those of you that have had the Umis, how do they compare to SRs? Are they worth the extra 25-30 dollars?

Thanks!
Kelli

hanaum02
04-19-2007, 10:18 AM
We've had one pair of Umi's (shoes, not sandals) and liked them a lot. But, assuming you like the style of both I would not think that they are worth 25-30 MORE than Stride Rites. Just my opinion.

Happy shoe buying.
Michelle
Zach (Sept 2004)

emmiem
04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Umis run wide so keep that in mind. They are the only shoes that one of my daughters will wear. She needs a wide and has a high instep. The styles are cuter than Stride Rite at least in girls and worth the price.
Michele

Cristiana
04-20-2007, 11:30 AM
We've had both, and I much prefer Umis. If you have a Marshalls near you, they have Umis, often for less than Stride Rite shoes.

kellij
04-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Really? Thanks for the tip! That's great to know. They recently put one in the city next to mine, so it's a drive, but sounds like it might be worth it. I'll call in advance. I hadn't even thought of checking there.

Thanks!
Kelli